Lt. Commander
# 1 Vo'Quv or Bortas for STFs?
02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Has anyone done the math to determine overall damage for each ship? Running STFs, which is preferable, or is it purely a matter of preference?

I'm enjoying my Vo'Quv and have not yet tried to outfit my Bortas for missions. My carrier is outfitted with mostly forward-facing weaponry (dual beam banks and a torpedo and some turrets) and one each orion interceptors/to'duj fighters. We can collect the base damage on weapons easily enough, but exactly how well the damage from fighters racks up would probably need some hands on testing

Might a big Bortas give me more DPS, and faster completion of STF objectives? Should I look at acquiring a whole new set of good Beam Arrays, or try a forward weapon approach?

bonus question: How much does Aux power levels affect carrier pets? Does Aux affect the fighters' performance, or only the recharge? Do I need to keep my aux up at the top all the time(and losing weapon/shield power) ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm finding my BortaS is too squishy for the STFs and offers littel DPV/DPS to the team. I will be switching to a BoP to continue running the STFs with my fleet .
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm finding my BortaS is too squishy for the STFs and offers littel DPV/DPS to the team. I will be switching to a BoP to continue running the STFs with my fleet .
I must disagree. I find that my bortaS kicks up a dust storm of DPS during STF runs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
I must disagree. I find that my bortaS kicks up a dust storm of DPS during STF runs.
Having said that, you must now share your build.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Having said that, you must now share your build.
Give me a couple days and I'll post it somewhere ... will have to drink a lot of Tequila first and that means one last day of work so I can pass out for five days with no problems.

Long and hard work stretch almost over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
It depends. Not all positions in all STFs are the same. Are you talking guarding positions or forward positions? On the Fed side, my Odyssey is able to handle forward positions fine (even working well in Infected Elite). I probably couldn't guard the Kang to save my life.

Similarly, based on extremely small data, it strikes me the Bortas works fine in forward positions while the Vo'Quv or the Catfish Cruiser work well guarding either in The Cure or KA.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Yeah the only way the bortas works is an engineer in normal mode but its a pain in the you know what though for KA if you got 4 ppl who think that they do not need to kill probes or do not care or whatever. All in all though this is not a ship for STF's . The way STFs are designed and the pace that they go bringing one of the flagships in is an act of desperation for having no other T5 ship to bring. As for those who do not believe the dysfunctional flaws within the bortas are not seeing the big picture as per the abilities one needs to possess in order to be a functional team member within a STF team. They seriously need to be redesigned if they want to see them in practical use.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Yeah the only way the bortas works is an engineer in normal mode but its a pain in the you know what though for KA if you got 4 ppl who think that they do not need to kill probes or do not care or whatever. All in all though this is not a ship for STF's . The way STFs are designed and the pace that they go bringing one of the flagships in is an act of desperation for having no other T5 ship to bring. As for those who do not believe the dysfunctional flaws within the bortas are not seeing the big picture as per the abilities one needs to possess in order to be a functional team member within a STF team. They seriously need to be redesigned if they want to see them in practical use.
The funny thing is it tanks very well in Ker'rat and is only weak against the STF Borg.
Which is most likely due to thier uber-attack stats or some such.