Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcfcl View Post
Thanks for the write up Cpt Collier! I have some nooby questions about expose/exploit specifics that I haven't been able to find in game or on the wiki. Specifically:

1) Is it known how much more dmg an exploit attack does on an exposed person? Can this be increased/decreased by offensive/defensive skills?

2) How long does the expose last? Is the time the expose "window" is open the same across the board, or can it vary on the type of weapon or be increased by offensive skills? (or have expose's on you be decreased by defensive skills)

3) Is there some thing like "enemies successfully exposed and exploited cannot be exposed again for another X seconds" to prevent "chaining"/spamming exposes/exploits?

I think that's all I had. Thanks again for the extremely helpful info!
While I havn't done extensive testing on this, I think I've done enough to answer.

1) From what I see playing, I get roughly 4-5 times more damage. This is dependant on the damage you're dealing and the targets damage resistance, so captain skills, buffs and debuffs and traits like teamwork will modify the damage.

2) Roughly 6 seconds. AFAIK there isn't a way to increase/decrease the time however there are kit powers and devices that can clear an expose from you, I can't remember them off the top of my head but the description will say whether or not a kit power or device clears an expose.

3) Not that I've seen, certainly not in the way hold/kb/etc resists are handled. I run an expose-heavy build and have hit an exploit attack on a tough enemy and exposed him right away afterwards.