Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about Duty Rosters
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Hey guys

I recently came back to STO, admittedly because it was free, and was wondering about the functionality of the duty roster. I haven't gotten the hang of it, though i see that it is a neat and different (like FFT assignments!) way to gather some resources and utilize your time... and get some nice prizes for being successful.

However I'm not sure I completely understand the role of it. Is there a FAQ or some reading material about it? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
Hey guys

I recently came back to STO, admittedly because it was free, and was wondering about the functionality of the duty roster. I haven't gotten the hang of it, though i see that it is a neat and different (like FFT assignments!) way to gather some resources and utilize your time... and get some nice prizes for being successful.

However I'm not sure I completely understand the role of it. Is there a FAQ or some reading material about it? Thanks!
This might help a little. But it's pretty easy to get the hang of. Just play around with it for bit. That's what I did. I don't tend to follow all the different Trek sites, so if there are any more definitive guides than the wiki, I'm sure someone will jump in with a link.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2012, 11:00 AM
You could also check out Doff's for Doofuses by Hevach, as well as the Duty Officers: A Recruitment Guide by Eklinaar stickied thread down in the Doff Forum.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2012, 11:06 AM
This guide to duty officers should answer all your questions and help you out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 03:45 AM
My question is about recruiting? I have gotten a number of tier 1 DOFs assigned to me but how do I get higher tier DOFs? Obviously i know I could buy them but that kinda defeats the purpose of the DOF system for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
My question is about recruiting? I have gotten a number of tier 1 DOFs assigned to me but how do I get higher tier DOFs? Obviously i know I could buy them but that kinda defeats the purpose of the DOF system for me.
Every time you do a recruitment mission you have a chance at getting a higher quality duty officer, also as you level up in the different assignment types (diplomacy, trading, military, etc) you get a token for a new duty officer. Green for reaching tier 1, blue for tier 2, and purple for tier 3
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
Hey guys

Honestly, I see it a mini-game really. It doesn't really serve to much of purpose besides to earn some items. The only benefit in gameplay is if you put 5 doffs in the space and ground assignments to give your ship/crew extra abilities during game play. The other 90 doffs really don't do much else.