Lt. Commander
# 1 Second Wave | STOked 110
02-14-2012, 03:38 AM
STOked is back!

Quote:
Al Rivera, STO’s Lead Game Designer joins STOked this week to bust some rumors, chat new ships, console changes, featured episode tech, and much more!

PLUS: Chris gives you his first take on the Second Wave, the first episode of the new “The 2800″ featured series.
Watch at Jupiter Broadcasting
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 03:46 AM
"If we see something 'off', we'll react and we'll adjust it"

Just like they reacted and adjusted the broken MACO shield (2 weeks?)
Just like they reacted and adjusted the broken OMEGA shield proc (somehow, maco fix broke omega shield proc. it's useless)

So when he says "react and we'll adjust it", he means:
We'll do nothing for 2 weeks, then do something completely random without any testing or second thought
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Great to see STOked back in regular episode format. Chris looks enthusiastic again, and I'm sure the next ep will see him even more "stoked" when discussing he return of Dan Stahl... cos we know he loved the ol' "Stahl Says Stuff" segment as much as we did!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Fantastic to see the show back, and Chris fired up about STO again.

Great show.

Many thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussified View Post
"If we see something 'off', we'll react and we'll adjust it"

Just like they reacted and adjusted the broken MACO shield (2 weeks?)
Just like they reacted and adjusted the broken OMEGA shield proc (somehow, maco fix broke omega shield proc. it's useless)

So when he says "react and we'll adjust it", he means:
We'll do nothing for 2 weeks, then do something completely random without any testing or second thought
Ripping tale, brother.

Because, y'know, it's best to rush fixes right out to Holodeck, untested. And because it's easy to predict undesired results and have a completely bug-free game that's perfect every publish. Am I right?

Back on point: I guess the glimmer of TOR wore off? :p Or is it because Dan Stahl has returned? Either way, I'll give him a second chance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Glad to see stoked back!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Really like the news with the Dreadnaught, seems like a fun new twist to play her. And look forward to the Sovereign Refit. I'm hoping Capn could get permission to coordinate with John Eaves of a making the refit a bit of a new look like how the Consitution and the Excelsior refits got a bit of a new look.

With the Odyssey and Bortas, in a way I like Auxillary Craft and such. But given how easily the Odyssey can take the roles of the Sovereign, Star Cruiser, Galaxy Refit, and the Excelsior, this ship is really just a "all in one" craft. The only thing thats really the reason not to get it is the slower turn rates (for those players who like a more nimble craft, which really is negated by Saucer Seperation).