Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
I guess you missed the part where I said

Let me add however that I have 0 problems w/ the C-store, especially now that the game has gone F2P. Like it or not in a F2P game microtransactions are a MUST.

How so? The people who work for the gear not only get the style, they also get the best gear currently in game. The C-store would only provide a style unlock.

I'm well aware there's a Jem'hadar set coming. Personally I couldn't care less because I am not interested in the style. This isn't about the gear or stats, it's about the style.
Ah but again, the gear is TIED with the visual. It's an extra reward for people that actually went through the grind. If you want EVERYTHING from the visuals from ALL sets then there's no more point for anyone to do anything. Compare it like this: World of ********'s raid set visuals in a virtual store. Tell me honestly, do you REALLY think that people will still bother to get it? No indeed, they won't.

A small solution might be like Gozer said already somewhere, tie some visuals in with accolades. I don't mind that at all, it'd give me personally a reason to accolade hunt as well. But the MK XII visuals need to stay that... MK XII visuals, not a Cstore item.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Wilv, I like you ideal. I've completed roughly 450 Stfs and yet to have a complete Mk XII space or ground gear. I've reached the end of grinding anyone toon beyond Mk XI gear. Last year when Cryptic initially launched on the test server, it required 80 EDCs to get Mk XII piece. I betting that after weeks pass and Cryptic reviews the stats they will make one of two changes. Increase the amount of EDCs to 120 per piece or extremely adjust the tech drop.
They remind me of the HBO Show "New Rules" with Bill Maher where he showed a person in a hugh Bubble ball as a Republican. Meaning they are disconnected from reality. Cryptic should try a Elite Stf with pugs in Cure. There's no why knowing what/who you'll be stuck with.

Anyway,I've accumulated 12+ very rare Borg prototypes scracthing my head try'n to figure out what I should do. My sci toon has all required space MK XII weapons. As for ground gear I have all MACO Mk XI. That's it for me on that toon.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Ah but again, the gear is TIED with the visual. It's an extra reward for people that actually went through the grind. If you want EVERYTHING from the visuals from ALL sets then there's no more point for anyone to do anything. Compare it like this: World of ********'s raid set visuals in a virtual store. Tell me honestly, do you REALLY think that people will still bother to get it? No indeed, they won't.

A small solution might be like Gozer said already somewhere, tie some visuals in with accolades. I don't mind that at all, it'd give me personally a reason to accolade hunt as well. But the MK XII visuals need to stay that... MK XII visuals, not a Cstore item.
This isn't WoW and in this game styles were always independent from gear until this new set came out. Would people still grind for the set if the style wasn't exclusively tied to them? Absolutely, because the set still has the best stats currently in game. I used to run these STFs long before ANY styles were attached to them because at the time I needed the gear and it was the only way to get it.

Anyway, as I understand it most of the grind fest people are doing is for SPACE, since most players seem to either have little interest on the ground set or simply don't feel like going through the grind for it.