Lt. Commander
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #1 : Conundrum on Risa
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #1 : Conundrum on Risa.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Please add the winner of this and any future challenges to the list of Foundry Spotlight missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
the murder of a Stahlonian diplomat
LOL

I can't wait to play them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
It's a fun contest., and I would suggest including additional foundry slots with the prize.

But, I'm not sure that I could do it in 3 weeks, especially if I'm going to be building any elaborate custom sets.

Also, because it takes place on Risa, that could be problematic. Risa is a social door in the foundry that we cannot build on. So, we'll have to use it as a door and recreate Risa using a beach ground map. This may be difficult considering that we don't have Risa props to work with, except for a few huts.

The mechanics will also be wonky. Beam down to risa, talk to an npc (who is the door) and then beam to another part of Risa. Or, we'll have to recreate the planet in space and beam down to a custom set, if we can specify Risa sector space as the door, which I don't remember.

I'm trying to remember if any of the beach ground maps have beach chairs and stuff, but I don't think they do. We also don't have swimwear for npc, so every visitor at Risa is going to be in uniform, right?

It's certainly a challenge, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
the murder of a Stahlonian diplomat
It's also going to be hard to combat player expectations here. Everyone will be thinking: "Obviously he got shanked by a Klingon from making empty promises."

sorry, couldn't resist.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 01:04 PM
i was going to take a break from the foundry until after this feature series. I guess i can be drawn out for one little adventure.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
might I suggest better highlighting

Quote:
NOTE: Please do not publish your mission until the morning of Wednesday, March 7th.

cause I think thats kinda important
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
It's also going to be hard to combat player expectations here. Everyone will be thinking: "Obviously he got shanked by a Klingon from making empty promises."

sorry, couldn't resist.
I think the J-Man should get murdered by bajorians in the next one
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
you may wish to lock the other thread until its needed to avoid people posting there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Request: Since the contest involves a murder scene, can we please have a npc animation that looks like a dead body? They all have animations, so the body of the diplomat would be twitching on the ground.

All we would need: floor-dead with no body movement.