Lt. Commander
I had been a player since shortly after launch but canned my subscription at the launch of F2P. I just had to pop in to StarTrekVille the other day though to try out 'Second Wave'. Not a bad mission, but not the best either. My eye was drawn, though, to the increasing Zyngafication in the game.

I can cope with the C-Store becoming more and more prominent, and there being buttons and links to it everywhere. I was able to grit my teeth and bear the PvE queues, meaning there is no longer any point in flying through sector space. But now theres a dilithium vendor button. So theres no point in even going to a starbase anymore. Dont even get me started about the Galor unlock notices.

I'm not normally the kind of person to get upset about 'immersion', but what is the point in having space travel and distant planets whatsoever if you dont need to go to them. Everything is just presented to you at the touch of a button.

STO is devolving into a mere advert for itself, and the actual gameplay has taken a back seat. Its more of a marketplace now than a game; a platform for us to by and sell C-Points. I appreciate that in order to sustain the F2P model you must make it easy for people to spend either credits in game or cash IRL, but this is ridiculous.

As nice as it is to be able to play without paying a subscription, its becoming more and more the kind of game I dont want to play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 03:14 AM
A good bunch of us agree with you... But sadly we did'n have enough voices to make a difference when we could have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 03:26 AM
It's esspecially quite sad because Fed side, it still brings you to a buggy vendor that doesn't sell Antiproton weaponry.

The time they have taken so far neither to fix the button/store or at least say something about it, is ridiculously pathetic. It's even more sad when the Klingon NPC in DS9 clearly mentions the former position of the PvE queue button.

This is such a simple issue and they can't even get this right. I'm really at the point where I'm getting close to not wanting to bother with the game anymore at all. 2 freaking lines of code. Too much. Instead, we get boxes, with even a new 3d graphic going with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Yup, I agree. There are so many vendors that there really is not a need for a Dilithium store. Just make all of the Dilithium Vendors sell the same things, and then there is no need to waste a tab on the hud for this stupid feature.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
It is especially bad on the Klink side because the Space Vendor is the one you get on their Star Base in Orbit and he does not even sell MK XI gear... The guy on the GROUND sells that... *Face Palm*
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
A tl;dr wall of text over a button that is easily ignored? Really?