Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Galaxy Retrofit v Sovereign
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi gang...looking for your thoughts on whether there's any appreciable difference between flying a Gal retrofit versus sticking with my Sovereign at level 50.

Aside from the slight boff and console differences (which are negligible anyway) they're basically the same ship, but the Sovvy doesn't have that useless saucer-sep ability/console - which in my case sits there gathering dust so it might as well have 2 Sci consoles after all.

The Gal retrofit was ostensibly an upgrade, since you get to pick it at VA after riding around in the Sovvy at RA, but it doesn't really appear to be. My two main Eng boffs are contributing all the abilities I need them to, and the Ensign feels redundant...I'd get more mileage out of a Tac Ensign with Tactical Team, especially fighting the Borg.

So I guess my real question is: did anybody else just stay with their RA-level ship and upgrade the equipment upon hitting VA? It's just a PVE boat so it's not that big a deal but I'm just curious...you'd think the new ship would be better somehow.