Lt. Commander
# 31
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Honestly if the only reason you were considering the MVAE was for MVAM, you were bound to be disappointed. While it's a neat gimmick, it is hampered by its cooldown and lack of real utility outside of the small bonuses you get in each section.

If you're getting an MVAE, you get it for the Lt., Cmdr Science BOff slot. MVAM is just icing.

In your case, if the Sci slot wasn't doing it for you, Defiant might be the better way to go. Decloak Alpha has better utility to it than MVAM.
MVAM is an amazing feature for solo PvE without zoning or group with a tank, provided enemies don't explode too hard. That may be too situational for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Honestly if the only reason you were considering the MVAE was for MVAM, you were bound to be disappointed. While it's a neat gimmick, it is hampered by its cooldown and lack of real utility outside of the small bonuses you get in each section.

If you're getting an MVAE, you get it for the Lt., Cmdr Science BOff slot. MVAM is just icing.

In your case, if the Sci slot wasn't doing it for you, Defiant might be the better way to go. Decloak Alpha has better utility to it than MVAM.
The MVAE in Beta Vector can out DPS and out maneuver a Defiant R. The Cloak bonus lasts a split second, and as any Klingon will tell you, it is not enough of an advantage to really care about.

I've melted Cruisers who laughed off Defiant R's and Raptors before with my MVAE. How? Simple, Gamma wiped out their shields and gave them a debuff with Attack Pattern Delta, Alpha gave them a debuff with Attack Pattern Beta, and I gave them Fire on My Mark. Three red rings of death. All the damage I threw at their Hull + the Crits at that point were sickening. All in one craft without any support whatsoever.

The only thing I would note is this: In PvP either A) Separate to get out of Tractor Beams or B) Before engaging. Also do not target your enemy until you and your pieces are in range or they will activate their cool downs too early. If they bother killing your pieces then they are leaving themselves open to your assault. If they ignore your pieces they do so at their own peril.