Lt. Commander
I get the basic idea (put Dilithium or Cryptic Points up on site, wait for someone to buy it), but that's all I know.

Is it like an auction or something? I saw on a few that the current "bid" was a particular amount. So it doesn't work like the Exchange, where someone puts an amount up for sale and the other person can buy said amount if they have the crystals?

I'm sure this has been explained to the point where we can all understand it; I guess I'm just out of the loop.

Any help would be appreciated, please; thank you in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I get the basic idea (put Dilithium or Cryptic Points up on site, wait for someone to buy it), but that's all I know.

Is it like an auction or something? I saw on a few that the current "bid" was a particular amount. So it doesn't work like the Exchange, where someone puts an amount up for sale and the other person can buy said amount if they have the crystals?

I'm sure this has been explained to the point where we can all understand it; I guess I'm just out of the loop.

Any help would be appreciated, please; thank you in advance!
Its a 'Closed Bid' process. Someone posts a Sell Bid of so many C-Points at a going rate of so much Dilithium per point... You can either
  • Post a Buy Bid of so many Points equal to the price being offered
  • Or Post a Buy Bid at a lower price, and hope that someone comes along and undercuts the current bid and matches your offer to buy
Selling C-Points would be the reverse of this process
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 03:45 PM
How soon you get your DIL or CP depends on the current market, say if, you put up 10CP for DIL and DIL is going for 186 per CP , if you put the sell pice at 186 you will get your DIL almost instantly, but if you state say 200, you maybe waiting quite a while for the market to go up that high. Put in for 188 you may have to wait a couple hours. Depends on how long you want to wait for it.

The market price is pretty much based on what the commodities (DIL or CP) are selling for on average at that point in time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I think I'm kinda gettin' it now.

So it's sort of like an auction?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Just think of it as a money changer. Dil to C and vice versa.

Avoid selling c points when the exchange rate is too low. You will 'lose money' trying to be the cheapest vendor on the market, only for the next traders to undercut you again.

This lull is a good time to buy c points if the price is below average due to a lot of people wanting to unload.

When there's a high demand of c-points due to certain in-game events, that's a good time to see if you can sell some c points at a higher price than usual. (more demand = low bidders get snapped up fast and going price goes up).

Hope it makes sense, that's really coffee shop accounting xD
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing, thanks for the replies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Its kinda like the Stock Market in real life. If you want to buy a certain stock, most the time you can't just outright buy it if its a popular stock. If there are no shares left you have to wait until someone sells them.

The same with the Dil exchange, you can't sell or buy unless someone else is selling or buying it. You won't sell your CP points (or Dil) unless someone in the exchange posted that they are willing to buy or sell at the price you offered.

Hope that makes sense..