Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
... The credits that the OP refers to were technically never in his possession, and therefore could not be recovered (Since they were never 'covered').
However; the item in which led to him gaining the suppose 150 million ECs can be covered. So yes, they can go back and place the Galor back into his inventory or mail it to him.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Yea, it would've been nice if they'd done a quick check and replaced the galor ship, but they really can't be bothered to do anything worthy of the title "customer service", sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Disappointing to see that Cryptic takes the lax approach in customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
You lost more than 150 million... there was no reason to undercut the going price by that much.
No reason for anything to ever be that high.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-16-2012, 07:06 AM
It's not really customer service they basically respond to you a week later and say they can't do anything about your problem.

Where other companies replace lost good and such all the time. I love Blizzard's customer service they basically helped me with every issue I had. That means something to me and I will try their future MMO's and products.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-16-2012, 07:17 AM
While I fully support the "be aware silvers!" part in the title, I'm somewhat surprised how the thread developed.

You're using a so called "press account" for your personal enjoyment, you've gotten two years of full access to the game for free, and now your here complaining that they've "reduced" the free account you apparently never had to spend anything on to silver?

I'd say you should be more thankful that you've gotten everything, on which others had to spend a lot of cash, so long for free; rather than being here with a "how dare they to take away my free cookies" attitude.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
You're using a so called "press account" for your personal enjoyment, you've gotten two years of full access to the game for free, and now your here complaining that they've "reduced" the free account you apparently never had to spend anything on to silver?

I'd say you should be more thankful that you've gotten everything, on which others had to spend a lot of cash, so long for free; rather than being here with a "how dare they to take away my free cookies" attitude.
There is a difference, however

The press account(S) in question were setup at the games launch, for people who ran fansites for the game and agreed to create and populate wikis, forums and other assorted web material, to help players.

We stuck to that agreement and continue to do so, so in a sense, we ARE paying for the privilidge of having said accounts, in terms of manpower maintaining the wikis and hosting the sites themselves.

Not to mention the lifetime account competition(s) we ran, which featured on the STO main news site, to.

Such as: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=73070
And - http://startrekonline.com/node/907

And prizes from our first competition included

One (1) Grand Prize: Lifetime subscription to Star Trek Online
Two (2) Second Place Prizes consisting of a Collector's Editions of Star Trek Online, including all the items associated with it.
Three (3) Third Place Prizes: 30-day game time codes

So with all that said, is it really such a bad thing I'm annoyed that our lifetime accounts became silvers? And as a result, I lost 150 million EC because they were downgraded without any notification thus, we had a limit applied to our EC balances?
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-16-2012, 07:59 AM
The EC should not be lost. Have you tried to spend any? Your account should draw on the remaining 140 mill as you spend - you are only restricted in having 10 million useable at any time.

(This is according to the explanation that was originally posted when this first started happening.)
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I've spent money on that character since and it's taken EC's from the normal balance, sadly

Yea, just verified it, it comes out of the current balance.