Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Just a thought I had regarding an idea for a future Literary Challenge: what would happen if one of your Starfleet characters met one of your KDF characters? Would it be in battle, or in less adversarial circumstances, etc. I know not everyone plays both sides, but people could always simply invent a new character for the story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I have posted my current challenge story. I am not sure how this one turns out, though. I think I may have inadvertantly killed Admiral Sharp. I haven't really figured a good way out for her.

Great challenge. I really enjoyed this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2012, 03:07 AM
And my first ever challenge response has just been posted. Hopefully, it's not too terrible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Again, y'all continue to blow me away with your stories. Keep up the great writing!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I'm really curious about how many of the dev team actually read these and what they think as well as any favorite writers. A shame you can't tip the writers here with a little dilithium for the stories that people like with the foundry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Just a thought I had regarding an idea for a future Literary Challenge: what would happen if one of your Starfleet characters met one of your KDF characters? Would it be in battle, or in less adversarial circumstances, etc. I know not everyone plays both sides, but people could always simply invent a new character for the story.
Also, this DOES seem like it would be a fun thing to write.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
I'm really curious about how many of the dev team actually read these and what they think as well as any favorite writers. A shame you can't tip the writers here with a little dilithium for the stories that people like with the foundry.
If you are looking for a pat on the back from the devs and be on their so-called "favorite list" then you aren't doing it for the right reasons.

But with that said, people answering the challenge do a lot better job than some of the stuff Cryptic paid people to write inside the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
I'm really curious about how many of the dev team actually read these and what they think as well as any favorite writers. A shame you can't tip the writers here with a little dilithium for the stories that people like with the foundry.
One should expect fan fiction to be non-profit, Ferengi. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Despite having played off and on since launch, this is my first (and second and third) ever forum post on the official forums.

Hope you enjoy The Intruder Part 1 and Part 2.

Any feedback, especially from the more experienced fan fiction writers (which is pretty much everyone as this is my first story) would be appreciated. I hope to write more in the future and I fully realise a need to improve each time if people are to keep reading.

I apologise for not researching any technobabble or even how stardates work, I hope that it doesn't deract to much from the story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
If you are looking for a pat on the back from the devs and be on their so-called "favorite list" then you aren't doing it for the right reasons.

But with that said, people answering the challenge do a lot better job than some of the stuff Cryptic paid people to write inside the game.
Well to be honest I wouldn't mind knowing how I fare because the feedback thread doesn't really hold a lot of feed back though I'm always looking forward to learning to be better, but no. It's mostly to see which names to look out for as a good read as well as again, seeing where I can improve.


As for the ferengi comment it's more that I'm too lazy to make them in the foundry but wouldn't mind the extra income.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who discussed Lit Challenge #12 in this thread. I am going to unsticky this now as I prepare to post #13. Feel free to keep discussing, though!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 PM.