Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Just a thought I had regarding an idea for a future Literary Challenge: what would happen if one of your Starfleet characters met one of your KDF characters? Would it be in battle, or in less adversarial circumstances, etc. I know not everyone plays both sides, but people could always simply invent a new character for the story.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I have posted my current challenge story. I am not sure how this one turns out, though. I think I may have inadvertantly killed Admiral Sharp. I haven't really figured a good way out for her.

Great challenge. I really enjoyed this one.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2012, 03:07 AM
And my first ever challenge response has just been posted. Hopefully, it's not too terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Again, y'all continue to blow me away with your stories. Keep up the great writing!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I'm really curious about how many of the dev team actually read these and what they think as well as any favorite writers. A shame you can't tip the writers here with a little dilithium for the stories that people like with the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Just a thought I had regarding an idea for a future Literary Challenge: what would happen if one of your Starfleet characters met one of your KDF characters? Would it be in battle, or in less adversarial circumstances, etc. I know not everyone plays both sides, but people could always simply invent a new character for the story.
Also, this DOES seem like it would be a fun thing to write.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
I'm really curious about how many of the dev team actually read these and what they think as well as any favorite writers. A shame you can't tip the writers here with a little dilithium for the stories that people like with the foundry.
If you are looking for a pat on the back from the devs and be on their so-called "favorite list" then you aren't doing it for the right reasons.

But with that said, people answering the challenge do a lot better job than some of the stuff Cryptic paid people to write inside the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
One should expect fan fiction to be non-profit, Ferengi. :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Despite having played off and on since launch, this is my first (and second and third) ever forum post on the official forums.

Hope you enjoy The Intruder Part 1 and Part 2.

Any feedback, especially from the more experienced fan fiction writers (which is pretty much everyone as this is my first story) would be appreciated. I hope to write more in the future and I fully realise a need to improve each time if people are to keep reading.

I apologise for not researching any technobabble or even how stardates work, I hope that it doesn't deract to much from the story.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
If you are looking for a pat on the back from the devs and be on their so-called "favorite list" then you aren't doing it for the right reasons.

But with that said, people answering the challenge do a lot better job than some of the stuff Cryptic paid people to write inside the game.
Well to be honest I wouldn't mind knowing how I fare because the feedback thread doesn't really hold a lot of feed back though I'm always looking forward to learning to be better, but no. It's mostly to see which names to look out for as a good read as well as again, seeing where I can improve.

As for the ferengi comment it's more that I'm too lazy to make them in the foundry but wouldn't mind the extra income.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who discussed Lit Challenge #12 in this thread. I am going to unsticky this now as I prepare to post #13. Feel free to keep discussing, though!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=