Lt. Commander
# 1 Beginner Tailor question
02-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Some players seem to be nicely costumed and outfitted. Me, and some others, are all in the boring "Armor Look" you get when you put on the alloy suits. I went to the tailor and couldn't seem to get my clothes to change.

To show my uniform, seems I have to take off the armor. That doesn't make sense to me; I would think STO has some kind of costume slot thing where I can be seen wearing any jacket, pants, etc. What gives here ?

http://togameforlife.wordpress.com
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 01:08 AM
Very simple: right click the items and disable visuals. I discovered that a few minutes into the game when trying to see the stats on my items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uryenserellont
Very simple: right click the items and disable visuals. I discovered that a few minutes into the game when trying to see the stats on my items.
You to the same thing to disable your Kit visuals and the armor visuals on your Bridge Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Sure do. I did it tonight. Got tired of that harness making my uniform look ugly. They're both still there, you just can't see them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 11:54 PM
You can do the same enable/disable visuals thing when you get high end ship equipment that changes its appearance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
You can do the same enable/disable visuals thing when you get high end ship equipment that changes its appearance.
Thanks for that one. I got some Reman shields that turn my Galaxy class starship into something out of a art gallery.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I hate to cover up my TOS Mirror Universe outfits what is the point of a lady trill captain not being able to show the spots DO go from head to ankle.

Seriously though uniforms all look nice I don't see a reason to cover them up if your a Federaltion or amroed Klingon Empire Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I found this out by accident, but was really glad they had this feature.

As far as outfits go, you know that you can modify your BOFF outfits as well, right?

Usually the changes are free, (the first one anyway) but it is just a small fee to change them later anyway.
Every time I promote one of them, I make sure to go in and change their rank insignia so they are wearing the correct pips. Since I change mine every promotion I get, I felt it wouldn't be "fair" not to change theirs.

I actually designed my own "ship" uniforms that all my BOFFs wear.
The color varies only slightly based on job description.

Wasn't aware that ship parts did the same thing.
That may explain why my ship suddenly took on an extra shiny "mirrored" look recently.
Not that I am complaining, but it wasn't the one I chose, so I will have to check and see if I can "disable" it.
Although, it does look pretty sporty...