Lt. Commander
# 41
02-11-2012, 07:44 AM
The Antiproton Beam Array Mk XII that You use in this build, Are those the same ones that you obtain from the M.A.C.O. Commander at DS9?. Or is there another variation of this weapon? Im asking because You specified that its the: Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [ACC][CRTD][CRTH], And the M.A.C.O. Commander sells Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [ACC][CRTD][Borg]. Any difference between those two?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac77
You specified that its the: Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [ACC][CRTD][CRTH], And the M.A.C.O. Commander sells Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [ACC][CRTD][Borg]. Any difference between those two?
You tell me.

Specifically, the [Borg] characteristic does nothing versus things that aren't Borg NPCs. CrtH, however, does do things.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
I have to say I've been using a similar build to this since I started using cruisers and using the layout of the Dragon I have to say it's just over the top. You can tank the whole mirror fleet in the event with thing, I love it, great job.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Hello, I was wondering if 2 torps (1 fore, 1 aft) is viable ?
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Confirming that using 4 Emergency Power skills and cycling them is NOT new information...

Also you forgot to add DOFFs... you probably want the one that % boosts all power levels whenever an Emergency Power is used and 3x Sheild Distro Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
no k in dreadnought... just say'in
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Torpedoes are viable, but not fore and aft. The concept fo maximizing DPS and burst damage is in play here. As such, only a single powerful torpedo forward (tricobalt) was advised by Hakaishin as atorpedo aft (iei photon on quantum) would mess witht he cooldown timer. Besides, 7 phaser arrays with EPtW always running will melt shiled pretty well for that trico and your lance.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorok21
Build Use Summary: The Dragon Flagship Build is designed to be an anchor for the fleet action. The build is designed for it's Captain to be able to lead the charge straight into the heart of the battle and then act as an anchor for the entire match. Your able to tank incredible amounts of damage, while healing yourself or your allies. All the while, dishing out extensive amounts damage to either crush any opponent that dares challenge you, or help destroy your allies targets.
This is a Kirk, not an anchor. An anchor has Extend Shields. Usually 2 copies. You found room for EP2S3 x2 and RSP but not a single copy of Extend Shields. 3 of your 4 team heals are aux dependent but you're talking running a 51 aux, so no, you won't be healing your allies at "anchor" level.

I was sure this was for PvE, but then you said "for the entire match." This is not a PvP build. EP2S3 chaining means you will be ignored for a softer target, but no Extend Shields means you'll just be sitting by watching them get blown up while FAW is on cooldown. No science team means you will be begging for one from your team when sub-nuc'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorok21
If you have any questions or wish to thank me personally, always feel free to contact me in game. My name is Dragon@Ragnorok21
lol. Yeah thanks, snoozefest Kirk beamboat.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Ok, thanks for your answer Chillee, but I really like playing with two quantums torps in my Assault cruiser.
Using this build as a starting point, is there a way to make it viable or do I have to just drop the idea ?
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dornoliaz View Post
Ok, thanks for your answer Chillee, but I really like playing with two quantums torps in my Assault cruiser.
Using this build as a starting point, is there a way to make it viable or do I have to just drop the idea ?
Its easily viable in PvE.
In PvP, its going to depend on your role in the group. If you are going to tank and draw aggro, it fine. If you are going to heal, torpedoes are fine as well since you should trade Weapon power for more Aux power to deal heals and such. If you are going for DPS, more than the single trico as a torpedo will hurt DPS because 7 beam arrays supported by chained EPtWs will melt away enemy shields quickly.