Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2012, 02:40 AM
You have two types of content. Mission content (FE, pvp, patrol, events) and the largely cosmetic (ships, costumes, consoles)

for the vast majority of players having access to the missions which is the bulk of the game for free, and giving them the option to buy the cosmetic stuff which is not needed, is the best option.

if i want i can never spend another penny in this game. all i have to do is not buy the cosmetic stuff. i can still enjoy the game and all the new missions. if it was the other way round i would have no choice but to spend money to keep enjoying the game.

the way it is now is far better in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
You have two types of content. Mission content (FE, pvp, patrol, events) and the largely cosmetic (ships, costumes, consoles)

for the vast majority of players having access to the missions which is the bulk of the game for free, and giving them the option to buy the cosmetic stuff which is not needed, is the best option.

if i want i can never spend another penny in this game. all i have to do is not buy the cosmetic stuff. i can still enjoy the game and all the new missions. if it was the other way round i would have no choice but to spend money to keep enjoying the game.

^ forsooth
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
Think about it it'd be the greatest possible source of income and would provide budget for further content/missions got you thinking hasn't it Cryptic not a bad idea!

Make them about 2000 CP a pop and that's a lot of dough right there.
The Idea of putting the FEs in C-Store and making them free for Gold members is as old as the f2p announcement.
Though... 2000 might be a little much, more about 1000-1200 would be a good price.

But they already said that wouldnt happen, instead we get drop boxes and our FE ruined by permanent galor-unlock-spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Would be a better idea than lock boxes, but the free FEs sure do sell a lot of keys.
Yeah definitly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2012, 04:38 AM
I'd like to combine the first two posts : Put the FE's in Lock Boxes , and watch the playerbase explode !
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
I'd like to combine the first two posts : Put the FE's in Lock Boxes , and watch the playerbase explode !
That's just mean
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post

DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Stupidest idea ever. Nobody has to open the boxes now.
Cryptic may be fed by the stupid in people right now, fine by me.
But I already paid my share when the game started, and I most certainly wont pay for mission content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I tend to agree with putting FE's in the c-store for silver members. LOTRO does something similar, yet to the extreme, as a free player you have to pay to quest in an entire area, I believe they call them Adventure Packs. Let the rest of the game be free, normal quests, PvP, STF's. It would give being a gold member more meaning, and separation from the silver members. I mean the biggest complaint I've seen from gold members is that all silver member have to do is spend a couple of bucks in the c-store, and they've all but reached gold status in game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

Hmmmmmm, yeah. So long as they don't start putting Starfleet/KDF ships in the lockboxes I'm ok, keep it ot rare non faction ships.

Another point ot add, think of the competition. This is something other games do but you get a alrge-ish pack for much less than the equivelent of 2000cp, you'd have to be mad to try and sell 1 episode for that much.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Charging for featured episodes is the opposite of the pricing model they have decided to run with here. The idea is supposed to be that the whole game is free and your character is bound by nothing being silver. You then have the option to pay to make things easier or get some fluff.

Also is last week's episode is any sign , they wouldn't be worth 250 points.