Lt. Commander
<--- as Headline says:

so far as i am experiencing, there is an

UNDOCUMENTED CHANGE for the DoFFs, which affecting the Engineer-Teams:

So far i can see, only ENGINEERING TEAM is now affected by the decreased COOLDOWN-Time !!!
It doesnt work anymore on TACTICAL TEAM !!!

Anyone experiencing something else, so pls feel free to correct me...

But if i am right (and i dont see how it could be the otherway, cuz i checked it out ), thats an enourmous change in gameplay:

- all EC and real money spent on DoFFs in order to get good ones with this specific build are WASTED !!
- further decrease in damage of cruisers, cuz those are now in urfent need of TWO copies of TACTICAL TEAM, givin away the second Tactical Slot on Cruisers, most times the only one, with which you can push your DPS a little

Good work Cryptic...every day another change in gameplay
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 03:22 AM
From yesterday's patch notes:
Quote:
Maintenance Engineer now applies to Engineering Team, scales to an 8 sec reduction with a Purple duty officer, and also applies a buff to Starship Hull Repair when activated. Different versions will be added soon for Science Team and Tactical Team on different specializations.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
From yesterday's patch notes:
didnt mention this, but the topic is hot, no matter whether they informed us or not... but thx for the information
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 05:30 AM
The patch notes also mention that Development Scientist DOff handle the Science Team Bonus and Conn Officers handle Tactical Team, in case you were wondering.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMagic
didnt mention this, but the topic is hot, no matter whether they informed us or not... but thx for the information
Not hot enough. It needs more exclamation (and question) marks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
*snip*
- all EC and real money spent on DoFFs in order to get good ones with this specific build are WASTED !!
you want to tell me that noone warned you about Ferengi on Starfleet Academy?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Development Scientist duty officers now have an active roster space power.
This is the Science version of the Maintenance active roster power, but for Science Team rather than Engineering Team.

Added a Conn variant active roster power.
This is the Tactical version of the Maintenance active roster power, but for Tactical Team rather than Engineering Team.

It is much more balanced now, and it was kinda obvious that it was overpowered before. I am glad that they added all three before changing it in game. It would suck if they only left us with the ability to reduce engineer team only.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
OP: You make no sense

Quote:
<--- as Headline says:

so far as i am experiencing, there is an

UNDOCUMENTED CHANGE for the DoFFs, which affecting the Engineer-Teams:

So far i can see, only ENGINEERING TEAM is now affected by the decreased COOLDOWN-Time !!!
It doesnt work anymore on TACTICAL TEAM !!!
As pointed out, it was announced in the patch notes.
Quote:
* Maintenance Engineer now applies to Engineering Team, scales to an 8 sec reduction with a Purple duty officer, and also applies a buff to Starship Hull Repair when activated. Different versions will be added soon for Science Team and Tactical Team on different specializations.
* Development Scientist duty officers now have an active roster space power.
o This is the Science version of the Maintenance active roster power, but for Science Team rather than Engineering Team.
* Added a Conn variant active roster power.
o This is the Tactical version of the Maintenance active roster power, but for Tactical Team rather than Engineering Team.
Quote:
Additionally, this was discussed with the player base for 2 weeks before the change was made:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251853

It's not a big deal, just get some Conn Officers for your tactical team, and all is well. It's not Cryptic's fault you didnt involve yourself in the public discussion nor bothered to read the patch notes