Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't ever have this problem. I have an inertial dampener and a bio-metric monitor and an EMH console and I rarely lose any crew. When I DO lose the crew though, I have noticed that everything the ship does is slower, less effective and takes more damage. I don't think the system was ever designed to work a particular way. There is probably some factor which necessitates that people who fill out their console slots with things that improve damage and shields and hull are probably penalized with crew loss.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I don't ever have this problem. I have an inertial dampener and a bio-metric monitor and an EMH console and I rarely lose any crew. When I DO lose the crew though, I have noticed that everything the ship does is slower, less effective and takes more damage. I don't think the system was ever designed to work a particular way. There is probably some factor which necessitates that people who fill out their console slots with things that improve damage and shields and hull are probably penalized with crew loss.
Neat console. I just looked it up. Its an exclusive.
http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Science_-_EMH

The only thing I notice that takes longer when you lose crew is hull repair and frankly that is mitigated with hull heal powers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Couple things to add to all of this since I posted it.

First, in reply to the one above me. I don't pretend to think I'm good at this game by any stretch, but personally, I feel I can last a lot longer when I'm sitting on a larger number of uninjured crew; even with my hull repairs. I seem to find myself handing odds better if I'm not filling up sickbay, lol. Not sure if it was changed, but I remember reading something about crew levels effecting the hull repair abilities too. I know it doesn't reflect in the tool tip, but I think I noticed repairing for less when my crew was reduced.

Second, I just got into the Captain level Cruiser and, oddly enough, my crew dying like every console was rigged to explode seems to have stopped. Only big change in the crew department has been going from 500 to 1000 crew.

Either way, the crew loss, in the Exploration Cruiser, seems to make more sense now. I'm not taking disruptor fire and losing half my crew, lol. Maybe it's something with the Heavy Cruiser? Still can't imagine what was happening when I saw those three disruptor shots and watched roughly 1/3rd of my crew go injured. Definitely a WTF moment if I've ever had one.