Lt. Commander
# 1 Wrong logon name & chat errors
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
First I can logon when I first start up the game fine. It automatically puts in the correct new logon name then. But if I log out to log onto another of my characters it puts in my old name. After I was forced to merge my old PWE account with my Cryptice account, it makes me use the old PWE account name and password to log on. I've tried unchecking rememeber name for several days then turn it back on and it still puts in my old logon name. I've looked the files for the game and can't find anything that remembers the name AFTER i've logged on for the first time. The file that has that name has the correct new logon name. Not a major deal but definetly a pain in the rear. Any way to fix it?

And second of all. I've been here since beta. I had 3 Feds who were VA, no problem. I had 3 Klingons who were LG, no problem. I had a Fed who was not Captain yet. He hit VA while I've been silver. Now his chat won't work properly. It won't let me post in general chat sometimes. It won't let me answer or send tells sometimes. I also have a Klingon who was not a BG yet. He hit LG while I was silver. His chat is messed up the same way. By the way, I've been playing about 12 hours a day since Jan 7th this year. I bought 2 more slots and just made 2 new characters in the last day. One Fed and one Klingon. Now they are having the same problems. I've heard this is happening to other people too. If this is so, is there any idea if they are working on a fix or when it might be coming our way?

I posted here because I had no idea where else to post this. The only place ingame to file it would not get me a reply and to be honest. I haven't really gotten much in the way of help with GM or other tickets. Some were never answered. Some sat for weeks and I gave up and closed them. So now I'm here hoping someone can help or may have some ideas. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I want to say that Cryptic uses Internet Exploder for their launcher proggie, but don't quote me on it. As a work around, you can ditch all cookies and cache in your browsers, so Firefox if you use it, Chrome if you use it and yes, even IE especially if you use it and even if you don't because like I said, I "think" they use IE for the launcher, so give it a try, then when you go to log back on, use the User and PW that you know works and you shouldn't have this issue anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Thanks for trying but it didn't work. I deleted the cache and cookies from IE, Firefox & Chrome. I start up the launcher and it has the correct logon name. I enter the game, select a character and start it. Fine. I then logout to log on to another character and it has my old cryptic logon name instead of the new PWE logon name. Very frustrating. Any other suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
No answer yet so I'm bumping so it doesn't get lost before a dev wanders thru and reads it. Realize they have a ton of other problems far worse. That still doesn't mean I wouldn't like this one fixed. The chat problem part is interferring with doing STF's and team missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 11:44 AM
OK a little update. I've been monitoring this problem and ALL 4 of my new characters have chat problems.
I have 10 characters total. I've put hundreds of hours time playing since beginning of January. I've made several purchases from the C-Store. I'm a 400 day vet and chat is still messed up on all 4 of these toons. Over half the time I can't speak to team members in team chat during a STF. Sometimes I get messages telling me I'm too new. Uh nope. Sometimes it just says i'm not allowed to send tells to anyone. What??? This is really getting to be beyond annoying. Anyone else who had this problem is more than welcome to add your voice to this thread. I really would like a DEV to take a look at this and comment. It's a known problem thats been around for some time. But there doesn't seem to be any reply to the problem neither on forums or by ingame tickets.