Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Bortas Quest
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
The Bortas Anniversary Quest does not work.

I approach the second asteroid and get the prompt to scan the asteroid. I press F or click the button but it does not scan.

Been trying for nearly half an hour now - not good at 3am
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 View Post
The Bortas Anniversary Quest does not work.

I approach the second asteroid and get the prompt to scan the asteroid. I press F or click the button but it does not scan.

Been trying for nearly half an hour now - not good at 3am
Quoted for truth.

I have to say this, and will probably get roasted for it, but It has to be said anyway. Can you guys at cryptic get NOTHING right or what? You bring out a new ship, its broken. You bring out new quests, there broken. You bring out new equipment, thats broken too. Do you guys just do this on purpose or do you actually have someone who tests stuff out first to see if its broken like a quality control checker? If you do, fire him/her immediatly because it is obvious they have no clue what they are doing. And if not, you people who created this game need to find a new line of work....

P.S This is my first post since this game went FTP, and quite franky after 2 years of development I really did expect better from you guys....seriously....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 10:58 PM
warp out of the missionn then go back right in and you can scan the second Asteroid. not the best but it works so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Ok it seems to be fixed after the latest patch. And did not have a chance to try your warp our warp in fix so dont know if that could have worked. Good job in getting it fixed guys, but next time, dont let it in the game until it works first. Seems a little daft implementing something that is broken....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker.Hawk View Post
warp out of the missionn then go back right in and you can scan the second Asteroid. not the best but it works so far.

I tried this and it did work - thanks.

The range markers for the asteroids did not seem to be centred on the visible asteroids - perhaps that was why I was having trouble?

Still I completed the quest, so now I have a nice new ship (both on my main Federation character and my Klingon character). Unfortunately, as the first is only a Commander 28 and the second a Commander 22, it will be quite a while before either of them leaves Spacedock
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
At last I reached level 50 and can fly my new ship.

I see why they were giving them away - the shields are made of tissue paper.

What can I do to boost my shields please?

Nice looking ship though