Lt. Commander
There are certain things you can do like play around with weapons, swap something on or off your ship, etc, that royally screw up the power tray. EVEN if you have it locked.

I have to remap my manuvers, my shield commands, my BOFF skills every time I swap out my ship guns. It's highly annoying.

I'd like to see the following:

- No automatic random additions to the power tray. If locked, let me go through and add it manually.

- Remember the weapons SLOT and not the weapon itself. That way if I swap a weapon out it fills in that exact same key bind

- If a slot for a BOFF skill that is swapped out or retrained is gone simply remove from the power tray. Don't swap it out with a new skill or random item.

Part of the game is uprading your kit. It's kind of hard to go from setup to setup. I'd like to streamline that a little if possible
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah this is the worst thing about STO in my book right now. Whenever you change from TAC to ENG setup for example you always have to mess around that annoying power tray and move abilities around. Very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 3 What they said
02-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I can't seem to get the hang of these things because the tray changes BY ITSELF all the time. Nothing like wiffing on a weapon slot when there is a warbird on your butt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
i think I've figured out PART of the problem... When you bind a key to the slot "skill 1, row 1" it seems to bind to the OBJECT in that slot. So when you swap out weapons -- guess what? Maybe the weapon drops inot that same skill1/row1 if you're lucky, but now your mapped key doesn't work!!

I've noticed this twice so far. Not sure what goes on with my key bind setup, but they stop working even if something new is in that slot.

It really sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
been like that since day 1... not sure it's even a priority... theough they said it's "fixed" now... I haven't seen a change.