Lt. Commander
# 31
02-19-2012, 12:03 AM
In addition to every mission I've checked stating where to go, including the sector and system, you can also transwarp straight to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KribDeth View Post

You do know that these forums have been here since before the game came out. People answer questions here. Heck they even answer questions in the IN-GAME CHAT. If you had a problem getting around in the game, someone would have been willing to point you in the right direction...

So, you followed me around for the 45 minutes I was asking, to anyone and everyone, where this stupid system was? Seriously? You're presenting this as if it's a guarantee? You're stating some sort of concrete fact that someone will asnwer my question in game? Why didn't I think of backing out of the tame, or tabbing out of the game, to go seek an answer? Are you for real? Is it so difficult to make this a workable system in the damn game? And, I'm unreasonable?

Wow.
Quote:
It's some mission involving the Eirhess system, in the Teneebia sector. But, you'll never figure that out by talking to the Admiral who wants you to go there.
You never asked me... Though I must admit I'm not usually on the main chat lines.

But I am in-game quite often...

Currently playing as: DASH@DaveyNY

If you decide to try again, look me up...

(you can even PM me if you'd like, to try to arrange a favorable time to get together)

I will be happy to assist you in any manner that I can.

There's nothing about this game that should frustrate you so much that you have to walk away without getting a bit of assistance.

Lt. Commander
# 33
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Do you have a mission name?
Since it takes place in the Teneebia Sector, it would be apart of the Romulan Mystery story arc, but I just double checked those listings and I don't see a single one directing you to Eirhess.

It could be a multi-part mission. The different subsections would not show up in the base listing. Sadly, they often lack details on where the subsections are located and the Transwarp option will just take you back to the where the first section was set.

Quote:
Done, jackass!

My good man, I did leave you a lovely link on the Page 1 of this thread, a map that will help you find all of the systems in the game. You may wish to give it a once-over before you give up on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
EVE is seemless. They can get it to work. Sector space in it's current form is garbage. As result, navigation is kinda a pain.
As an eve player... No.. it is not seamless. it is a collection of systems that are 95% empty space, and each of those systems are connected to each other. Only reason why each solor system is so big is because they went for a realistic view of space in that it is mostly empty and things are very far away.

STO on the other hand is very packed together, but it is also less realistic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

No, EVE isn't. If you keep flying without using jump gates, you'll never reach another system.

Those jump gates are interactive load screens.
^ this is true. seeing how big the system is I doubt anyone has reached the edge of a solor system. but if they did. chances are they would hit a wall or something.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Iím sorry to hear that you're unfortunately disappointed with STO; however "I quit" threads are not allowed, this thread is now closed.

I hope you stick around for updates and return sometime in the future!

Cheers,

Alecto
Closed Thread