Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Better idea! How about opening the dominion ws the 3rd faction, and have some epic pvp territory control area
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2012, 03:10 AM
The Dominion os likely far down the road. The next playable faction will be the Romulan Star Empire, and after that either the Cardassian Union or the True Way Alliance.

This, doesn't exclude the possibility of PVP-areas in the GQ. For all we know, a new PVP map from this series has been promised for ages.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
How about fixing the PVE on the KDF first?
If they did that, then the feds might get a carrier
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2012, 04:02 AM
I'd rather see the Betazed sector in game before they open up the Gamma Quadrant. You know, that omnious missing piece of map between Sol space and Deep Space Nine.

Also, IIRC, the Federation tried to stay out of the Gamma Quadrant for the most part. They don't even have contact with the Dominion (they hardly acknowledged the situation with the rogue Jem'Hadar/True Way).
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the current FE is actually meant as a back story for the formation of D'Vak's anti-Borg task force ?
Think of the talks in the previous episode .
Think of the location of the task force (DS9 is a place where both factions can meet at a time when they are at war , but also they could be there to thwart any more 'surprises" from the Bajoran Wormhole) .

I could be wrong tho .
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2012, 04:59 AM
I think the Gamma Quadrant could be a great setting for a possible "real exploration" sector people ask for so much.

This might add more than adding one-shot missions and feature episodes, even if they might be set up to have higher replayability like the latest FE.
Cryptic so far has not proven to be a content Juggernaut. People could use the Foundry missions but most play "click the console."

Not even Blizzard or Biomythic can keep up with the speed players consume content.
We were given numbers how many FEs to expect, and it wasn't much.

-> Instead of developing expensive and time consuming to make scripted one-shot content I think an expansion of existing random encounters we already have in existing nebula encounters and working on a "real exploration" system whatever this might be could work out better.

Think of the DOFF system and how cooperating on it brought people together in the Doffjobs channel and Doffjobs sheet.

Doesn't mean Cryptic shouldn't add more Federation and Klingon episodes, but we should know by now that now miracle of spontaneous content creation is going to happen.