Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Okay Cryptic! ENOUGH! you need to sort this and you need to sort this now! There is a stupid amount of posts complaining about how we endure hours and hours of doing these STF with no worthy reward at the end, at least with the old ones, you spend hours doing them but you were guaranteed something at the end worth bragging about. But now? your lucky to get salavge!

Yeah I know you get EDC, Woop te do! that im sorry is nothing now, its doesnt get you MK12 gear which most people strive for and you know this! what the hell are you playing at! its so simple! people complain, you fix it! simple! I have done over 750 STFs over half on ground elite and NONE, I repeat, NONE of them have dropped ONE piece of prototype ground tech and only 5 pieces of prototype salvage. This is not acceptable and im not the only one! Im sick and tired of being constantly disappointed with these STFs and getting nothing at the end.

You need to seriously increase the drop rate on prototype borg salvage and protoype space and ground tech. I have worked out the drop rate must be no more than 0.5% which is a utter joke! everywhere I go people are complaining about the drop rate and never see any PROPER fixes from you and that any real difference, OH yes! sorry, I do see stuff! more things to line your pockets with money, i mean the lock boxes drop almost every sinlge drop you get now! and you know what? people pass on them! they are sick of them! stop trying to cokes us into spending money and acutally focus your attention on what the community really wants.

And if you do increase it you need to tell us what the drop rate is, keeping cloak and dagger only winds people up and stop playing them.

Granted I do see pataches saying "increased drop rate" and "reduced difficulty" but my own personal opinion this is a total lie, all I think all you've done is just change the number shown so IT LOOKS LIKE you have lowered it, I see no change in difficulty, so wise up! we arent stupid! we plays hundreds of these remember and its time to give the community what it wants!

INCREASE THE DROP RATE! and not by 0.001%, thats not a increase thats a insult! you need to increase it by least 20% so everyone has at least a 20% chance of getting something.

Please read this and take this seriously! We are not happy! not happy at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
What he ^ said, and while you about it, how about removing the car-damite-boxes while you there, and adding some new maps already.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't really have that mush of a problem with the drop rate. It's just getting annoying that 90% of my drops are the Cardasian Lock Boxes. I don't buy C-Store credit unless its for costume or packs, like the DS9 Bundle that I'm looking forward to getting, and so the Lock Boxes are just taking up room in my inventory that could be used for something else.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
The drop rate isn't the issue, the issue is that Mk 12's aren't buy-able. Even a very high price like 80-100 EDCs would help out people who have been unlucky.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
In most "traditional" MMOs, it is not uncommon to grind instances for quite some time before being fully geared. However, having said this, in "traditional" MMOs, epic loot is *guaranteed* to drop from the bosses. The only time it becomes a big grind is when people are trying to get that last piece and are waiting for it to drop.

The problem with the current system is that epic loot is not guaranteed, and EDCs cannot buy MkXII gear. Thus we end up doing elite STFs for what is essentially a "Normal" reward. Most of us will have several sets of Mk XI gear long before we have our first set of Mk XII gear. The drop rate on borg tech and prototype salvage is so low that most elite STFs result in 2 EDCs (requiring 120 elite STF runs to obtain one full set of Mk XI gear - that is ALOT of runs, even if they are short), several dozen Cardassian lockboxes, and miscellaneous gear worth about 40k on the exchange.

What people need is a bigger carrot. If at least one member of the group was *guaranteed* to find very rare borg tech and/or salvage in his goody bag, there would be a much larger incentive to keep grinding. Right now, though, well, there is no longer excitement opening up the goody bag. I've lost any real hope of collecting an entire Mk XII set ... and I do a dozen or so STFs every few days. Even in a "traditional" 20 or even 40 man raid, even when that raid only runs 1 or 2 nights a week, I would have most of my gear long before I had my first Mk XII piece.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
What I wouldn't mind seeing is an increase in the mark XI tokens in normal mode to alleviate some of the EDC grind, so that we can actually start using both currencies...having to grind 120 EDCs each for a full set is ludicrous, especially given the fact we only have three STFs, each with two maps, to do it in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I agree.

I can speak as someone who is relatively new to STFs as well....

I am not even planning on getting any full XII sets, nor will attempt to grind to do so, because I have seen/heard so many other players hopelessly trying.

So yes, basically the situation with STFs that has been created is a huge turn off to me as a player. I will do STFs, but not run them with the hope of getting the XII sets.... which is of course 1/2 the point.

Hopefully this will change, so that this aspect of STO becomes more attractive.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Agreed Cryptic the only this idea works is if your plan is to kill this game in which congratulations are in order because you are well on your way to accomplishing it if you keep disappointing your customers, especially the long standing and lifetime ones.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndisty
In most "traditional" MMOs, it is not uncommon to grind instances for quite some time before being fully geared. However, having said this, in "traditional" MMOs, epic loot is *guaranteed* to drop from the bosses. The only time it becomes a big grind is when people are trying to get that last piece and are waiting for it to drop.

The problem with the current system is that epic loot is not guaranteed, and EDCs cannot buy MkXII gear. Thus we end up doing elite STFs for what is essentially a "Normal" reward. Most of us will have several sets of Mk XI gear long before we have our first set of Mk XII gear. The drop rate on borg tech and prototype salvage is so low that most elite STFs result in 2 EDCs (requiring 120 elite STF runs to obtain one full set of Mk XI gear - that is ALOT of runs, even if they are short), several dozen Cardassian lockboxes, and miscellaneous gear worth about 40k on the exchange.

What people need is a bigger carrot. If at least one member of the group was *guaranteed* to find very rare borg tech and/or salvage in his goody bag, there would be a much larger incentive to keep grinding. Right now, though, well, there is no longer excitement opening up the goody bag. I've lost any real hope of collecting an entire Mk XII set ... and I do a dozen or so STFs every few days. Even in a "traditional" 20 or even 40 man raid, even when that raid only runs 1 or 2 nights a week, I would have most of my gear long before I had my first Mk XII piece.
I wanted to voice my opinion as well, but I don't have anything else to add to this quote. Well said bud.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Tech drop is nonsense..
02-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Built a new toon up and have run STF's on it for a week now. I've ran KA 7 times and gotten 4 rare borg armor techs.. I've ran Infected 12 times and gotten no tech from that STF. You ask me the drop rate is screwed up big time. I've got 2 armor techs I have no use for.. while still needing everything else.
Closed Thread