Lt. Commander
Error Ticket ID: 13212442

Allright I said I wouldnt do this but I am. Because I have a fleet and I care about my guildies and the friends I have here. I can not get past the launcher. I have verified and force verified and restarted my client multiple times. Since the patch of last week I have not been able to log into play the new weekly episode. I have'nt been able to log in at all.

The launcher will allow me to hit engage. It will bring up the Cryptic logo and before it barely starts loading it crashes and asks me to make a report. I'm not holding my breath over this. SWTOR now gets my $15 dollars a month until I see promise here again. I have'nt even gotten any decent reviews about the new episode even though I won't judge for myself until I get to play it......IF I'm ever able to log back in. But If I cannot get help getting this fixed THIS week I WILL delete Sto from my computer. I've been here since launch and I'm sick of all these problems.

I'm asking for help. Cryptic you have until next Tuesday to help me load the game or I wont come back. That simple. And if any other captains have had the same problem and have input they may help its always appreciated. If history has shown me anything here for whatever reason the players seem to be more knowledgeable about the game than the people making it. And its a shame that so much of the foundry's content is better than the majority of the content they've initially created.

I'm sorry for the frustrating tone of this post but as i've said i've been here for two years through thick and thin of this game and I'm finally starting to lose my faith that this game will ever reach a point where alot of these apparent issues don't devalue at least some players gaming experience here. A quick example of just one of the many frustrations i've had in the past. I was stuck in sol system for an entire week on a character. The game would'nt let me beam down to earth space dock or warp out to sirius sector block. Now it might not have been an issue if it wasnt my only character at the time. Because of that I made another one. But I never got any in game help and the only help I did recieve 3 daysinto the issue was the reply from my ticket telling me it'll have to wait until the following week's patch.

Anyway I'll appreciate any constructive replies that aid me in my issue. I have a passion for Star Trek and currently this game, the only Star Trek MMO out there. But i'm not going to put up with this bs for too much longer.

-Captain Tripwire-
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm having the same problem although today is the first time it's happened, it goes to the Cryptic screen and then goes off with a message about on demand patching or something, Tribble is loading okay though so seems to be Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 07:11 AM
I had to finally look into a setting I had on my anti virus program. It had blocked the patch from last week, and I could only get to the Cryptic screen and then it would do nothing, before bouncing me out and giving me the error message. I first shut down my AV software and it worked. Then a really kind person here told me to check and see in Firewall/Settings/Internet Connection For Programs and see if anything Cryptic was in there. Sure enough it was, and once I changed those, haven't had a problem since.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks Roman, I'll have a look at that, I'll be gutted if I can't get on for this new DS9 bundle lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm right there with you. lol And let me know how it worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Bloodmage
The launcher will allow me to hit engage. It will bring up the Cryptic logo and before it barely starts loading it crashes and asks me to make a report.
I'm curious, can you possibly post a screenshot of this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman12291969
I had to finally look into a setting I had on my anti virus program. It had blocked the patch from last week, and I could only get to the Cryptic screen and then it would do nothing, before bouncing me out and giving me the error message. I first shut down my AV software and it worked. Then a really kind person here told me to check and see in Firewall/Settings/Internet Connection For Programs and see if anything Cryptic was in there. Sure enough it was, and once I changed those, haven't had a problem since.
When I first read this post, what Roman describes above was my first reaction and still frankly is what I think you can do in order to fix this issue.

I've read through countless topics describing issues like this and everytime it's suggested that the individual check their firewall settings and AV settings, making sure to disable or turn off these programs during the patch process as they can interfere causing this very issue.

Consider; Disabling your AV and Firewall software, attempt the patch again, (may have to uninstall/reinstall), and as Roman suggested, checking your Firewall's Program List to ensure that STO isn't in there or that it is and is being allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Cryptic Error.....Continued
02-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmmmm. I'll see if i can pull off a quick screenshot with frapps but i'm not sure exactly why you want a screenshot of the loading screen. And can anyone tell me exactly how to check my firewall? I looked at advanced settings incoming and outcoming and blocked. Sto wasn't on any of them but Star Wars The Old Republic was.

Also i'll just point out that in two years of playing Star Trek Online i have NEVER had this issue. So what would all of a sudden make my firewall start fighting my game patches? I'd appreciate if the responses keep coming in guys. I doubt i'll hear anything from the employees at Cryptic. So i'd appreciate any expertise I can get from the players that actually give a damn alot more than the people who make this game.

Trekkies play Sto and enjoy it in the true spirit of what Roddenberry envisioned. Too bad real trekkies didnt make this game. I appreciate the support guys.

-Captain Tripwire-
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Hmmmm. I'll see if i can pull off a quick screenshot with frapps but i'm not sure exactly why you want a screenshot of the loading screen.
Because if you're getting a message, I'd like to see the message so that I know exactly what error you're getting and I could then figure out how to fix it...

Quote:
And can anyone tell me exactly how to check my firewall?
Who makes your firewall? Can't give you real directions on how to add STO to your accepted lists until I know what I'm working with.

Quote:
Also i'll just point out that in two years of playing Star Trek Online i have NEVER had this issue. So what would all of a sudden make my firewall start fighting my game patches? I'd appreciate if the responses keep coming in guys
Patches, simply put. They, Cryptic or PWE or whomever decided to add something to the code, this lil' something changes how their servers connect with your computer, that could change the way your firewall handles the game and thus this could happen. Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Cryptic Error.... Continued
02-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Wow. You are awesome Opa. Well its simply Windows Firewall. I am going to let Sto patch tonight when i go to sleep. tommorow if it gives me the same error message I will come back here and post it. And if i'm able to patch then i'll update you too. thnx for keeping tabs on this. Way better than any dev in game or on this forum .

Its sad when they dont even respond to you when there are so many players having this issue. Is it even too hard to make "temporary stickies" to address these things when so many people are having the same problem in similar ways?? I had an issue with bioware and i'll tell you what they sure did respond. and the representative kept tabs on me until the issue was resolved. Not sure why these cryptic guys even bother having a forum. Thnx again Opa. I'll repost when i wake up.

-Captain Tripwire-
Lt. Commander
With one scan of the client for incompatibility by right clicking on the launcher I was able to resolve the issue by resetting the recommended settings for the client. Not sure how or what changed them in the first place. I appreciate the help of everyone who responded with a suggestion of their own and hope this finds someone that may be able to use it to get back into the game themselves.

I've played the first and second episodes and it was amazing to enjoy them with my fleet. There is a small light but if cryptic can take many of the things that make that one episodes good, replant them into the rest of the game that currently exists, implant them into all content released in the future, and takes a break from improving pve to improve pvp which has been grossly underwhelmed of content and mostly ignored for two years now; they may have a free to play game that rivals one with a monthly subscription.

Its a tall order and I am not the biggest fan of Cryptic as a company right now. But these two new episodes defenitely displayed the potential to please one of the most beloved communities endearing to the ideal of one man with great vision, Roddenberry. I hope they can continue on this path.

And though I am greatly displeased that once again cryptic failed to respond to my problem it just goes to show once more the strength of this community. I'm glad to fly the stars with you all. Thank you for your suggestions. Be well.

-Captain Tripwire-