Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
To me a good thing would be a WoW drop style. (But, in a different note, WoW has a lot to give to this game in terms of looting a pvp, but that's another story.

As Lyndisty said, a "guaranteed" item would be great BUT (and it's a BIG BUT) it woud be even better if it was from a common boss drop instead of from the goodie bags.

So people can actually roll (and see when and if something that you want is dropped) for the item OR (even better) clan mates can even use the master looter (otherwise pretty much useless... kinda useful only IF you manage to get the optional achevement).

That would be great.

Even better would be adding few more items to the "Sets" (even new sets would be great as well, maybe when you will add new STF..)

OR, and it's a big "OR" you let buy Ml XII item with... 15 EDC? or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
This problem largely goes away when you can run 3 STFs an hour..with optionals. The Droprate is still a slight problem but I've personally witnessed quite a few people get their full sets while I was present.

I am going to suggest that people start going on fleet runs, and with people that know what they are doing rather than pugs or randoms. There are plenty of options and noone is making use of them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2012, 02:56 AM
It isn't like that manitoba.

I played game with optional dones and, a part of the Extra drops by Roll, and i still got 2 data chip AND a stupid blue pointless item.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I posted in another thread with my idea to fix alot of this, it would fix alot of the "idiots in elite" part(not all noobz are new to the game, so I think saying idiots is easier for people to understand)

we need 4 teirs of STF.

1. easy mode: whats now normal

in easy mode you get 1 edc and 440 dilithium for winning, if you get optional people get a 1:5 chance at a 2nd chip AND a 1:5 roll at blue tech and/or salvage, as well as 880 dilitiium

2. new normal: this would be a bit harder, rewards would be as above but with with a 2:5 chance of getting tech and/or salvage.
no injuries in the first 2 teirs.

3. new "Advanced" mode. here you start getting injuries but you also get 2 EDC, a 1:5 chance at a 3rd, but with optional its 1:5 chance at prpl tech or salvage if you manage the optional 1100 dilitium with optional, 880 without. optional could also add a blue peice of tech/salvage per run if you get optional, this encourages people to do their best.

4. Elite: 2 EDC's for a win, 3:5 chance at an extra edc, 1:5 chance at prpl tech/salvage and 880dilitium, optional adds 3:5 chance at prpl tech or salvag and 1440 dilitium.

the numbers could be tweaked, you dont wana make it to easy to get the stuff, but you dont want it so hard that nobody really has full sets either.

and this isnt 100% same as other port I made on this idea(it was better writen) but is a basic idea, Also , each teir is unlocked by doing the lower teir as follows
15 wins= unlock from easy to normal or normal to advanced or advanced to elite.
5 with optional gets you the the unlock quicker.

this forces people to progress up the line without it being a real grind to get to the next teir, it also progressivly gets harder so they can start to learn the ins and outs of how to do elites as they work the way up.

and unlocks would be on an acct basis not per char(tho even if it was per char, it wouldnt be a biggie to me, as 15 wins is easy peasy, 5 with optionals is also easy pease if you got a 1/2 competent team)

I think we could fix alot of the problems with STF by doing what the game fails to do(despite trying), force people to work their way up.

normal stf's start at 44, but most people blow from 44-50 in a couple hours now( I know I did) as such they try and do elites right off the bat and fail horribly....

with my idea they could even lower the level cap on normals to 40 or lower, let people start working at a X level set of STF gear so when they hit the magic 50 they have a set that will let them actually stand a chance of contributing in elites

I should probably post this as its own topic honestly, most of the ideas I have seen to fix stf are only to fix 1 aspect, and yeah thats great and all, if we could fix alot of problems at once without having to create a ton of extra work for the dev's(who really need some time to debug the game....)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I still think 80 edc should be the cost of the Mk XII gear. It IS a bit crap they they did this whole lotto drop with out a guaranteed way of getting the elite loot. Personally if they DID add a guaranteed way like the 80 edc I doubt there would be any one complaining. As it stands now though at a rate of two edc per elite run it seems like it would take forever to get the Mk XII sets, so it would be nice if normal got you two edc and elite nets you 4. Elite runs should have elite rewards for all the cheap tactics and one shots instead of doing them for nothing as it currently stands.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
If there is one reason why they kept it at a low drop rate is because they want to give users more reason to come back and play STO. Before there wasn't any reason to play STO during the content drought other than leveling another character, but now there is a reason to come back. In other words, it is mean't to keep the users busy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japfi
Built a new toon up and have run STF's on it for a week now. I've ran KA 7 times and gotten 4 rare borg armor techs.. I've ran Infected 12 times and gotten no tech from that STF. You ask me the drop rate is screwed up big time. I've got 2 armor techs I have no use for.. while still needing everything else.
You know they tech is tied to specific STFs, so if you are only running two of them, you'll only get those two pieces, if you've got what you need from one of the STFs stop playing it and try grinding another.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
You're right, 2 days was way too long a time for my alt to gear up in full mk 12s.

I insist upon 2 minutes.
Closed Thread