Lt. Commander
# 41
02-18-2012, 09:37 AM
In that case, the klinks must lose A LOT... I do not see kdf very often (more in the last few days) and I don't play my Klingon very much so its interesting to hear that they have goals of their own. I think I will have to check out the Klingon side of ker'rat. For the rest of whatever the op is literally whining about all I can say is its a game. A game where ful can be used for real world money. Why on eaeth would the devs make a reputable quest that easily allows you constant dim? Even WITH Klingon involvement its still relatively easy. So you miss out on a rare or very rare drop. Just means you should change your tactics. Adapt to the klinks... assimilate if you will...
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar2388
Please Cryptic do something !!!

Stop those guys who think it's funny to ruin everybody else fun by playing PvP and therefore interfering us !

Those aren't open to talks !
All you get is "Phew Phew, X !" (X = player killed.....)

PLEASE DO SOMETHING !!!!
DAMN THEM FOR PVPING IN A PVP ZONE!!!! DAMN THIER AUDACITY AND ADHERENCE TO WHAT THE ZONE IS DESIGNED FOR!!!!!! ITS JUST UNFAIR THAT ONE CAN ENTER A OPVP ZONE AND GET ATTACKED. UNFAIR I TELL YOU!!!!

LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE!!!! eer, wait. thats not right. Wrong thread.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Your best bet is to pay attention to whats going on. What I mean by that is study how the pvp players play. See what specials they are using and what attack methods they employ and then set your ship up to fight back. Don't go into Ker'ret with a ship meant to fight the borg. I had the same issue for a while and then I began to study how the pvp players worked. This actually made me a better player. Some of them are jerks, it comes with the territory. But it is what you have to put up with in a open environment.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-19-2012, 12:01 AM
To the OP. . . whats next? Wanna go into a pvp battle and expect us to sit around and twiddle our thumbs while you destroy us? If you dont want to pvp, dont go to kerrat. If you wish to earn dilithium, there are other ways of doing it, such as stfs and exploring. Now that you've made your stand known, ima be looking for you in kerrat =(^0^)=
Lt. Commander
Seriously, If you have no real idea of the game mechanic in the [War Zone], its probably best to ask people, not blurt out what you think it is, and then complain.

I had a Great time rolling around in kerrat today, got some dillz, and fought against some good german (Or at least, in a german fleet) Players.
and oddly, local was not full of people squealing.
So, thanks, for the fun fights, You German Guys (Girls, or nongendered alien creatures).
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I agree with that. Getting stomped by klinks in ker'rat inspired me to work harder on my ship build and character/boff layout. It's done nothing but make me a better player. And it makes farming for dil a fun and engaging experience rather than the boring "get encryption, kill hulks, rinse repeat" that it was before.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Ker'rat is a PvP zone... you get dilithium awards for completing 3 runs regardless if you win or not. I have no idea what you get if you win as KDF never wins Ker'rat. Additionally, you get a daily award from being ganked 25 times. You get an additionally daily for killing 10 opposing players. Ker'rat has no limit on the times it can be run. Ker'rat is therefore the ultimate dilithium farm. The PvP part can't be hurting anyone too much.

You can only refine 8k a day. So that's 18 Ker'rat runs assuming you did nothing else. They finish (even with pvp) in about 15 minutes each (max)... so 5 hours of Ker'rat runs (even while AFK) will score 8000 dilithium. But you also have Patrols, Explores, Duty Officers, and probably 3 other methods I don't know about to farm more dilithium. *shrug* I can't get too bothered about the single open PvP zone.

There is no durability loss, no module loss, no credit loss, no XP loss, no personnel loss, no cost to the player at all for PvP save the time put in. I have to assume the game is a fun past time or you wouldn't play at all... So enjoy. If you don't like PvP, it is very easy to just not warp to Ker'rat.