Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I just spent at least 30 seconds staring at 6 "dead" bodies and I didn't see any twitching at all. So, unless I'm blind, I don't think they move. I recorded a movie with FRAPs, so you can see for yourself (change to 720P/full screen so that it's easier to see).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDEqu...ature=youtu.be

With the exception that the Vixen's sash has a breeze blowing through it, there doesn't appear to be any animation.
Thanks for the help Nagorak.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Thank you to everyone who has posted their feedback thus far regarding the contest. As this is the first time doing it, we were bound to run into a few snags -- I appreciate the feedback because it will help for future contests. There are already some major things that I see changing for the second challenge.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Today we start the four-week run of the first Foundry Challenge: Conundrum on Risa
Kudos to Perfect World/Cryptic for reaching out to the STO Foundry community at large. This is a good idea to spur STO Foundry development work.

BUT I'll make the following recommendation, which I hope H2orat (Perfect World/Cryptic’s Video Department lead/STO Foundry evaluator) is able to read, even address.

To make Foundry Challenges more dynamic, more engaging, why not offer more objects, characters, etc. into the Foundry IDE toolset? (IDE = Integrated Development (or Design) Environment)

Furthermore, include a list of the new items during the challenge announcement.

Personally speaking, while I have hopes for future STO Foundry updates, I'm at wit's end with the current limitations of the IDE. Adding some additional materials to the Foundry would be VERY welcomed! Plus, you can measure the metrics of which new objects, characters, settings, etc. seem to be the most desired/used. (Then continue to implement more new items into the future Foundry updates!)

Tucana
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-17-2012, 12:36 PM
i would certainly say be more vague in the description.

simply saying that we should focus on it being a murder at a diplomatic conference is large enough scope to let people tell their own story while still having a framework.

stating the planet, what the meeting was about ete etc does limit it.

in saying that, reading the blurbs of missions it sounds like everyone is going in slightly different directions so i think they will be suitable different.

it is also quite handy that i suspect everybody will be using risa as their start point which will make playing them a lot easier.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree. Saying there was a murder of a Stahlonian on Risa would have been sufficient enough. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get a riddle into story without it being forced. And other than mentioning it in the exposition at the beginning, the "Borg Conference" is meaningless to me other than restricting me as to why the Stahlonian is there. If you wanted to do Murder at a Borg Conference on Risa, then let us fill in the rest of the details.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey, if we didn't test, learn from our mistakes, and try to grow via new things we would have gotten anywhere in the foundry, let alone in STO. It would have died at launch 2 years ago!
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm looking forward to try out the different missions.
The Foundry is a great feature, and I'm glad it gets more and more support from the powers that be.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Did I see nothing about being limited to 1 entry per account? I'd love to adapt my entry for both sides.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's hard work!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Fun contest. Lets see what I can do with this utterly limited Foundry. Made one mission, used almost all thechniques there is to use, very very limited. I can;t imagine making anything really interesting because of those limitations except through a lot of dialogue windows since we can't even have any kind of camera control for cutscenes... And they want us to re-invent the wheel even though we don't have any materials at hand.

Anyhow, I'll def give it a try. I bet everyone's mission will be based on a lot of dialogue windows.

Hehe, looks like this idea comes from the Star Trek Expanded Universe. I can only WISH if Foundry had many more options than what we are limited to right now.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech2 View Post
Did I see nothing about being limited to 1 entry per account? I'd love to adapt my entry for both sides.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's hard work!
it's one per user, even if we have multiple accounts.