Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I personally think an invisible interact object placed across the door would be easiest allowing the door to be toggled open and closed. The only problem I see with this is where the wandering NPC's walk through the door. I'll have to go back and see if they actually do that anywhere.

On a related note, the it might be nice to reduce the frequency of the NPCs. Just enough to make it feel less crowded.

Not making any demands here just suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm still a lil mystified about how someone who plays mostly kdf would even buy this thing for 1800 c points just to get a couple doffs and 2 weapons Woulda been cool if there was a bop redone bridge too for this to be truely worth it for all characters on the account.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
But the doors in trek were especially psychic...they would only open if someone was going through it ... maybe this, only open a door if an NPC's path goes through it or if it's a player ?
Funny that in this case, the doors can be psychic. The game knows which NPCs are going where.

Now I don't know how they can flag things and control the doors, but there is at least a chance that the doors can be psychic for all but PCs.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I'm still a lil mystified about how someone who plays mostly kdf would even buy this thing for 1800 c points just to get a couple doffs and 2 weapons Woulda been cool if there was a bop redone bridge too for this to be truely worth it for all characters on the account.
/signed and agreed +1. I want a bird of prey bridge that DOESN'T have dark red lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Just having watched "The Search" with the introduction of the Defiant I think if it were given a special feature like the TOS pack an activate cloak option would be cool. Where it would switch the lighting over to the powered down look the Defiant had when cloaked.

Also, I really think you should be able to leave your ship from the transporter room. Run down there to switch ships, why can't you just leave from the transporter pad?

Cloak off:
http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...iscast_285.jpg

Cloak on:
http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...iscast_284.jpg

Wouldn't think it would be that difficult a modification to make would it?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
The doors in Star Trek were always psychic. While you are right that 'the game' knows where NPCs are going. . . I have absolutely no way to feed that into the interact of the door. In theory it would be possible. . . but that will take programming time. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, I just don't know. It's certainly not something that we can just turn on right now and make it magically work.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by science_officer_brooks View Post
/signed and agreed +1. I want a bird of prey bridge that DOESN'T have dark red lighting.
The biggest let down is the differences between the free bridges and the c-store KDF bridges are a big let down because its like someone dropped a droplet of paint and then deemed worthy of being c-store product to sell Not to mention so dark it might as well be a cave LOL
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
The doors in Star Trek were always psychic. While you are right that 'the game' knows where NPCs are going. . . I have absolutely no way to feed that into the interact of the door. In theory it would be possible. . . but that will take programming time. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, I just don't know. It's certainly not something that we can just turn on right now and make it magically work.
I dont remember any doors beeing passed by NPC in that interior anyway...
So wouldnt it be possible... and far easyier.... to just programm the doors to not react at NPCs at all?
Or, if there are crewmen passing, just those who don't?

Or reduce the range of the trigger?

Still, my biggest issue remains the crew uniform anyway... not the doors...
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Right. It should absolutely be possible, but the number of hoops that might have to be jumped through could be prohibitive. I was just pointing out that it could be a possibility.