Lt. Commander
# 31
02-19-2012, 03:04 PM
First, I'd like to say to you whiners out there: Lay off the Devs. They're doing their jobs. For those of you nay-sayers out there: have you ever programed? It's a b**** to do, trust me, I'm taking classes in it. To search through endless lines of coding to find a problem and repair it is a pain in the butt.

At least the Dev's are active on this game unlike other ones pwe owns (pwi) where you can actually talk to them and tell them what you've noticed (saw one in ESD the other day and thought it was awesome!).

As for F2P, I thought it was a great idea. I live on a fixed budget and can rarely afford the price of the game (btw, if you haven't noticed you can buy a month pass on Amazon for 6 dollars, all you have to do is purchase the game and add the code. You can also get it at your local game store if they have it... mine did.)

A final thought for the Devs and Staff members: I'd love to see a c-store sale or a lifetime sale in the near future. It'd be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't have minded if they left the next episode turned on
heck, they should open the entire featured episodes now, after all now that it's F2P prelonging it to get more subscriptions is sort of pointless, isn't it ? ah well
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryMyers View Post
exactly what i'm saying they do it with CO i don't see why they cant do it here i don't mind if they plan it a week in advance to take the game down for a day i wouldn't mind at least then it's expected, the way it's going now i'm playing and all of a sudden i see the game is going down in a half hour and a lot of missions cant be finished in that amount of time. i just like the way they update at champions normally just once a week most of the issues they are attempting to fix are rushed and aren't event that urgent.
Um, CO has gotten the amount of engine tech and conyttent updates STO has (IE no new CO zone since Vibora Bay - they just got 'Neighborhood Alerts' based on the STO 'Borg Red Alert engine tech, etc.) Also, CO doesn't have anywhere near the same server load (playerbase wise) that STO has had with the 2 year anniversary event (with the free Odessey Clas ship) and the new FE series.)

If STO had a similar server load as CO, it probably would be more stable.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Um, CO has gotten the amount of engine tech and conyttent updates STO has (IE no new CO zone since Vibora Bay - they just got 'Neighborhood Alerts' based on the STO 'Borg Red Alert engine tech, etc.) Also, CO doesn't have anywhere near the same server load (playerbase wise) that STO has had with the 2 year anniversary event (with the free Odessey Clas ship) and the new FE series.)

If STO had a similar server load as CO, it probably would be more stable.
We can debate STO vs Whatever game until we're blue in the face. Frankly, I think they should of made f2p a reality sooner, I might of gotten into it hard core if they had, but alot of the Gold players that i talked to didn't mind the f2p aspect.... they really had a problem with the game being made too easy. I started back about a year and a half ago, so i was around for the way it was before. Yes I found it difficult to play, but I liked it none the less. Unfortunatly a month was all I could play back then, and I became captain level in that amount of time. So comming back and being shot to Vice admiral in less time was kind of a dissapointment in my eyes. I wanted to endure the struggle of making it to VA with the way it was. But w/e.

As for the Borg random events, i think they're alright, for the few that i've finished.

If i could change anything, It'd be adding more of a variety of ships to the game. Like how about letting the VAs Create a ship based on every ship they've ever owned, it could have some interesting additions to the game. Just an idea there.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
so since a dev hasn't replied and locked the thread, i assume the maintenance is still going on? devs like to close and lock threads post-maintenance, bit of a habit of theirs
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentSF
so since a dev hasn't replied and locked the thread, i assume the maintenance is still going on? devs like to close and lock threads post-maintenance, bit of a habit of theirs
I'm sure that it's a simple oversight by CrypticOps. Maint was completed LONG ago.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
IE no new CO zone since Vibora Bay
ok and pretty much all thats been added to STO recently is episodes champions is a complete game it doesnt need anything new right now STO does all they've really been fixing is small bugs that, like i said, could be done all at once it has nothing to do with how many people are playing they can fix alot at once or take it down every night to fix something pretty insignificant, no which makes more sense im just proposing they do maintenance once a week along with adding new things and not just episodes, sense most missions that they come out with one at a time last less than an hour at the most

oh and lets not forget spamming our screens and chat boxes with people being issued ships that are pretty much a gamble, i dont care if someone got issued a ship im not buying your keys
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
oh and lets not forget spamming our screens and chat boxes with people being issued ships that are pretty much a gamble, i dont care if someone got issued a ship im not buying your keys
They do it in perfect world international too. In fact, i think they stole it from there. It's kinda nuts and we've been begging in the forums there for it to stop, but it hasn't. Maybe if we start a thread about it, they'll stop doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
ok and pretty much all thats been added to STO recently is episodes champions is a complete game it doesnt need anything new right now STO does all they've really been fixing is small bugs that, like i said, could be done all at once it has nothing to do with how many people are playing they can fix alot at once or take it down every night to fix something pretty insignificant, no which makes more sense im just proposing they do maintenance once a week along with adding new things and not just episodes, sense most missions that they come out with one at a time last less than an hour at the most

you ofcourse know you don't have to pay money to get those keys and if you know anything about the game industry you know that content takes time to put out AND if you knew anything about what has happen to this game in the past year you would know why we don't have the content up till now. As far as the maintenance goes, stuff gets put on and and seems to mess with other stuff ingame so they have to put a fix up no big deal I can live with that guess some can not oh well get used to it until they can iron out all that we will have nightly/binightly maintenance and a patch or two a week been that way for the past few months it will stay that way for as long as it needs to be done.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialDesire
they really had a problem with the game being made too easy. I started back about a year and a half ago, so i was around for the way it was before. Yes I found it difficult to play, but I liked it none the less. Unfortunatly a month was all I could play back then, and I became captain level in that amount of time. So comming back and being shot to Vice admiral in less time was kind of a dissapointment in my eyes. I wanted to endure the struggle of making it to VA with the way it was. But w/e.
Of all the complaints I have heard pertaining to how I personally wish things were this one holds the most water. Way to easy to max out you Admiral's level.