I've been trying to do Into the Fray and War Zone of Klingon Ravagers as these were suggested to me for farming dilithium, but I haven't been able to get either these past couple of days. I've completed the PvP tutorial, so is there some other reason Icheb & Mazka won't give these missions to me?
Alternatively, are there other reliable and relatively quick ways or places to farm dilithium?
Yogurt21, thanks for the link, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I was hoping for insight from players more experienced than myself as to which missions are relatively fast and reliable methods to grind for dilithium, not just a list of which missions reward you with dilithium. For example, the various Empire Defense missions are decent because they're all so close together but problematic because A) the map caching bug which forces me to either log out or travel to another combat map after I complete one of the three criteria, and B) since it's random whether each anomaly even contains a battle group the mission can be drawn out by simple bad luck. The PvP dailies are problematic for me because I tend to be on more during off peak hours, so the queues are lengthy. Even if it says it'll be 7 minutes, for example, I often have to wait out that 7 minutes multiple times because don't accept their queue invitation. Insight like what I've just given examples of isn't something I can find on the wiki.
IvarST, those look great. He's even got different missions for each system so you can sit at one system and knock out all three requirements for Investigate Officer Reports. Are there any missions by other authors that are as good, or at least close in terms of time efficiency?
What I usually do:
1. Explore Strange New Worlds - 24hrs cooldown, 1440 dilithium. Whatever sector you find yourself in, there's always an unexplored region close by. Not really fast, but easy to do. Number one on the daily list.
2. History 102 - 20hrs cooldown, 480 dilithium. You can do this at any time, not just during the event. While it can be fast, it's not easy to win at it unless you cheat a bit. It only involves alt tabbing to the STO wiki Lore page and look up the answer
3. Investigate Officer reports - 20hrs cooldown, 1440 dilithium. Park at Wolf 359 system near Sol, look up "nagus distress call" missions, do 3 of them in 5 minutes. If that's not fast enough, I don't know what is.
4. Romulan Temple/Klingon Scout Force/Gorn Minefield Daily - 1440 dilithium, PVE Fleet action. These rotate every day and have a queue attached. Having a queue is good actually, it means you can start it from wherever you currently are. The Big Dig can be very time consuming, the easiest and fastest of the three is the Klingon scout force.
What I sometimes do:
1. Chart B'tran Cluster. This is kinda like Explore strange new worlds, but it's zone specific. Well worth looking into it if you're in the area. It can be fast if you're in the sector already, but turns into a time consuming travel when you're not. It all depends on your definition of "being efficient". If all you care about is dilithium, travelling may not be a waste of time.
2. Other zone specific missions, like Sat Repair mission in Traelus or Defense Contract or whatever else there is in the sector.
3. The Warzones mission. 1440 dilithium and can be repeated anytime. If you find yourself getting bashed by pvpers just change instance.
What I never do:
Starfleet Academy event - very bad dilithium mission. You can only do it during the event, it's time consuming and the reward is just too low.
PVP vice admiral daily. Bleh.
PVP Arenas. Bleh.
PVP CTF. Bleh.