Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-20-2012, 02:05 AM
I will agree that honestly, weapon choice is really up to you what you do with it. But you have to focus on different things depending on what you are wanting to do, PVE or PVP.

Plasma: Not so good in PVP, fairly good in PVE. On the plus, generally VERY cheap weapons because fewer people use em. At the least, the damage from the proc prevents hull regen.

Phaser: Common enough weapons, the proc can (against a human player) have that brief 'panic moment' when something suddenly is shut down. Fairly useful either way.

Disruptor: The hull resistance debuff is pretty effective no matter what you are doing, but most effective in STFs when you have to pull down MILLIONS of hull strength. Mostly because this proc helps the WHOLE team.

Antiproton: Yes, they have a better chance for critical damage and stuff, but that's kinda all. Yes, they are DPS, and while DPS wins things, they don't add any other tactical advantage.

Polaron: The power drain is good, but honestly not useful at all against the computer ships. Much more PVP, but even then, it can be resisted.

Tetryon: Probably the most 'middle line' of all the energy types, because the shield killer part is useful at all times except where the target has no shields to begin with. Obviously the proc in that case isn't needed, but the shield drain when it is needed, again helps the whole team, not just only you.

My own thoughts: I highly recommend Disruptors or Tetryon over anything else, even Antiproton weapons (in space). the proc they have is most generally effective for all people you are with, if doing PVP matches, or STFs. Even one on one PVP, stripping your opponent's shields or weakening their hull is good regardless.

But, to each their own. I'm not a heavy PVPer, so those folks can feel free to correct me of course.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_McRich
I've traded the flow capacitors for extra protection: something reliable, not 2.5% proc, sorry.

Moreover the plasma proc affects the hull ---> no regeneration (for the big ships) and/or reliable "corrosive" damage (for the little ships).
So far it is satisfactory.
flow capacitors are a lt level skill. they cost nothing and effect a ton of things. like i said, the plasma proc has a chance to deal 20-40 damage to hull, tetryon fully speced can deal 250+ damage to shields, theres no comparison.1 proc does something, the other doesn't. i figured plasma got a skill based boost like tetryon and poloron did but they didn't, and i posted my testing results with them earlier. even if you dismiss procs as unimportant you cant dismiss that 4 out of 6 set shields have built in resistance to their damage. they just are terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
flow capacitors are a lt level skill. they cost nothing and effect a ton of things.
Sorry, my mistake.
I was thinking of the "EPS Flow Regulator" (http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Eng...Flow_Regulator), don't tell me why...
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Cheapest way to get your AP consoles is to just make them. takes about 20mins to get the crafting skill up to where you can make them and a few hundred thousand EC for the parts.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Cheapest way to get your AP consoles is to just make them. takes about 20mins to get the crafting skill up to where you can make them and a few hundred thousand EC for the parts.
/rantincoming
And a crapload of Dilithium for unreplicateable materials
/endrant
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_McRich
Sorry, my mistake.
I was thinking of the "EPS Flow Regulator" (http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Eng...Flow_Regulator), don't tell me why...
thats also a skill i would recommend maxing, it buffs all the emergency power to skills, highly important for any cruiser. your power recharging faster is just a bonus
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll throw my vote in with Antiprotons, they don't have a proc they just need to crit.