Lt. Commander
# 21
02-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticCliff
We've been fixing up a bunch of these issues recently. Are you still seeing this, or has it been fixed?

If it's still happening we can add it to the list of stuff to double-check.
Want to bump this and confirm its still currently happening. Noticing it on my Intrepid, where the bridge is supposed to be, part of the deflector, and several spots on the bottom of the engineering hull between the pylons. Also on the pylons themselves, and on the tips of the nacelles. Running in Dx11beta, with 2 6950s using the 12.1 drivers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
The TOS Connie interior is really bad. About a third of the wall panels are missing on the ship decks. This has to be the best example of how bad this needs to be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfling View Post
Want to bump this and confirm its still currently happening. Noticing it on my Intrepid, where the bridge is supposed to be, part of the deflector, and several spots on the bottom of the engineering hull between the pylons. Also on the pylons themselves, and on the tips of the nacelles. Running in Dx11beta, with 2 6950s using the 12.1 drivers.
Yup. It's still happening. When fixes for it go live I'll post a thread about it and try to consolidate any new reports in that one. By then we should have everything fixed, though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm getting it on my Nebula Class Starship. and a few interiors including the Belfast.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-07-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't see any mention of this in the thread, though I may have skimmed too fast.

I just now noticed that the black areas -- such as the triangle shapes in some of the screenshots posted -- inside ships may be shadow-related. On the Azura, for example, toggling lighting and shadows to "Low" removed them entirely. Stepping the lighting quality back up and then the shadows has the black areas/textures appear again. Upon getting back to my ship view, I did the same with the same results.

It seems it's over-zealous black coloring for shadows and not necessarilly the textures themselves?

I can post comparison screenshots if that would help, or others could do the same with their lighting settings and see if that has an effect. If that would be useful at all, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I can confirm they are STILL there.

Just got my Akira and has the black textures all over it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I don't see any mention of this in the thread, though I may have skimmed too fast.

I just now noticed that the black areas -- such as the triangle shapes in some of the screenshots posted -- inside ships may be shadow-related. On the Azura, for example, toggling lighting and shadows to "Low" removed them entirely. Stepping the lighting quality back up and then the shadows has the black areas/textures appear again. Upon getting back to my ship view, I did the same with the same results.

It seems it's over-zealous black coloring for shadows and not necessarilly the textures themselves?

I can post comparison screenshots if that would help, or others could do the same with their lighting settings and see if that has an effect. If that would be useful at all, of course.
I did the same but put both shadow and light to low setting and the black areas disappeared just as it did with you.
However I only put the light setting back to high and left the shadow setting at low and the black areas returned and stayed regardless of what I set the shadow setting to.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Sooo.....
03-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Any word on getting more if not all these fixed soon? The game runs sooo much easier for me using DX11....and yes turning down the lighting makes them all go away but then everything looks like crap.

So have been living with all the squares for now... Since only other options are either go back to DX9 and it run like crap, or lower the settings that it looks like crap.

http://i42.tinypic.com/20pcz7c.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Yup I am having these issues as well. Been stuck staring at these weird black textures on my galaxy class. I know my computer is not the issue, it is a pretty high end gaming rig that I built, and am still building...

I have rolled back my catalyst drivers to 12.1 & set it on DX9 mode to avoid the black textures, which makes me very sad.

Processor: Intel i7 930 Quad Core @ 2.8ghz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5770
Mobo: Asus P6X58D Premium
Memory: 12gb DDR3
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Any word on a fix yet?