Lt. Commander
# 31
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Money doesn't grow on trees. People don't work for free you know, and it isn't like Cryptic can just print more money to hire people.

Also the "Customer is always right" is a terrible excuse. A generalization here, but customers are also some of the dumbest people around. If we're always right, I shudder to imagine what things would look like...
I tend to agree here. Here's a great article explaining how that saying started but how it was taken beyond its original meaning.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
The ideas which WE believe CAN be implemented in a reasonable time/manner, and which would benefit the game, get implemented.
However, that still leaves a ton of very good ideas, which we cannot implement due to engine/game/time/money/manpower/gameplay/etc. constraints.

I think it's sad that you guys seem to believe that we are all just lifeless husks typing away at computers until the bell rings 5 o'clock.

Today is Presidents' day. It's a federal holiday, and we have the day off. I GUARANTEE there are people at work, right now, cranking on something because they want to get some little extra thing in before the deadline. People routinely stay at work for 10 or 12 hours. People are routinely at work until midnight. We DO fight for things, all the time. However, you guys don't see that. Some of the systems in the game may not have existed today if it weren't for some passionate dev backing it, and pushing for it. We do this all of the time. But, as with anything, you have to pick your battles, and no matter how right you are, if all you ever do is scream in someone's face about how wrong something is, they're going to stop listening to you sooner rather than later. Or in the case of an employee. . .
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
The ideas which WE believe CAN be implemented in a reasonable time/manner, and which would benefit the game, get implemented.
However, that still leaves a ton of very good ideas, which we cannot implement due to engine/game/time/money/manpower/gameplay/etc. constraints.
Laws of physics... like that's an excuse. :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I tend to agree here. Here's a great article explaining how that saying started but how it was taken beyond its original meaning.
your link is to a fourm about admirials?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I reckon Tumor is right in that to go back and redo ALL the bridges thus released would be too much of a strain as well as whatever projects that his team has got on it's plate.

However...

I also reckon that maybe working on NEW bridges like ya'll did with the TOS bridge (totally badass bridge by the way for TOS fans) per show wouldn't be THAT hard to do in a somewhat timely manner?

Example being, and this is all selfish right here, you could release a Excelsior bridge that's scaled right and plop it in the C-sore, I'd buy that for sure.

Than the next project would be say a true scaled if not a 100% replica of a Galaxy class bridge and so on and so forth till ya'll hit the movies.

Seeing as how you guys have the TOS and new Defiant bridge up, that's (with my own selfish wish) bout what 4 bridges ya'll would have to make from scratch that would be scaled the way most people want.

I can't promise everyone would be happy to not have their particular ship represented right but hey I reckon enough people would buy these new bridges to make up for that bit.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Money doesn't grow on trees. People don't work for free you know, and it isn't like Cryptic can just print more money to hire people.
BTW I would work my *** off for $5 an hour. working on this game would be privilege enough for some ppl, btw i stared this thread as generally a question no a warzone.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kenrick_Drake
I reckon Tumor is right in that to go back and redo ALL the bridges thus released would be too much of a strain as well as whatever projects that his team has got on it's plate.

However...

I also reckon that maybe working on NEW bridges like ya'll did with the TOS bridge (totally badass bridge by the way for TOS fans) per show wouldn't be THAT hard to do in a somewhat timely manner?

Example being, and this is all selfish right here, you could release a Excelsior bridge that's scaled right and plop it in the C-sore, I'd buy that for sure.

Than the next project would be say a true scaled if not a 100% replica of a Galaxy class bridge and so on and so forth till ya'll hit the movies.

Seeing as how you guys have the TOS and new Defiant bridge up, that's (with my own selfish wish) bout what 4 bridges ya'll would have to make from scratch that would be scaled the way most people want.

I can't promise everyone would be happy to not have their particular ship represented right but hey I reckon enough people would buy these new bridges to make up for that bit.
IMO The Bridge that needs the most fixing is the Intrepid
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I think it's sad that you guys seem to believe that we are all just lifeless husks typing away at computers until the bell rings 5 o'clock.
Please dont make those kinds of generalizations about the community.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Devon View Post
IMO The Bridge that needs the most fixing is the Intrepid
Agreed. I've heard the Galaxy is next on Cryptic's queue, and I seriously think they should re-think that decision. The Galaxy Bridges currently in the game actually resemble the set from the show, and the generic ship interiors use the same hallway configuration as a Galaxy-class starship. Give the Intrepid some love. Its Bridge is godawful.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Please dont make those kinds of generalizations about the community.
^ Indeed. I don't recall infering to anything like this either.

------

I only complain when things are released while still broken. :p