Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblazer42
3. You may or may not lose the third character slot if it is empty, I'm not sure about this one.
I didn't lose any character slots.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Should I look the other way
Should I even care?
Should I give up? or should I just keep chasing payment?

/end trollface
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
OP go for it. Buy what you need from the C store, and keep on playing as a silver. If I were you I would buy a energy credit cap, and buy item slots for both the bank, and personal for the current character you are leveling up.

I use to be gold, and honestly. There is no reason for me to do it. More so now that I can't get a VA ship in game anymore. If I could that I would totally go gold when I leveled up, but oh well..

Also one other then. when you get a few of your captains up to RA, or VA. you might want to go gold for the last but of the way. you get all the item slots, and the extra bridge officer slots from what I have seen. ( granted this might change, and I have not fully tested it. )

anyway good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure this bodes well for STO if all people are saying is signup for gold initially then drop it later on and you are all set. Isn't gold supposed to get you more concrete continued subscriber bonuses?

What else is needed to make gold viable for the everyday person? Even though they seem to be chugging along pretty well with the microtransaction part of this endeavor, I can't see how the game will do well in the long term if they don't get people to signup. They only get a dime out of me when I want something out of the cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
As far as I can tell Gold does not appear to be a major part of the plan. If you're a gold member for awhile, then decide to go back to silver, you've still done quite a bit to pay for the game. Especially if you ever make C-Store purchases, however rarely. Honestly, despite it seeming kind of over-adverstised in the game (durn lockboxes) this is very obviously a system is trying to keep the field level and not create a pay-to-win situation. It would be nice if more MMOs followed a model like this, especially since STO is reportedly doing rather well lately.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
I'm not sure this bodes well for STO if all people are saying is signup for gold initially then drop it later on and you are all set. Isn't gold supposed to get you more concrete continued subscriber bonuses?

What else is needed to make gold viable for the everyday person? Even though they seem to be chugging along pretty well with the microtransaction part of this endeavor, I can't see how the game will do well in the long term if they don't get people to signup. They only get a dime out of me when I want something out of the cstore.
I think they make more money from C-Store translations anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
it's a pretty pathetic oversight on cryptics part...and im becoming increasingly annoyed with the substandard quality i am seeing. 400 c store points even as a gift is a joke. there is nothing for that price I can get since they greedily jacked up the prices.

this game is no longer about fun..with the jemhadar ship and now the galor and cranked prices....this has become a lets see how many players are suckers type of game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0vastar
it's a pretty pathetic oversight on cryptics part...and im becoming increasingly annoyed with the substandard quality i am seeing. 400 c store points even as a gift is a joke. there is nothing for that price I can get since they greedily jacked up the prices.

this game is no longer about fun..with the jemhadar ship and now the galor and cranked prices....this has become a lets see how many players are suckers type of game.
That's really not fair. There's more random stuff to do in this game than any MMO I can think of. The C-Store is very in-your-face, but there's a crap ton of content here for FREE.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Deleted...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Cancel your sub.

Take that 15 bucks and see as 15 bucks worth of Cstore points or 15 bucks you can spend on anything.