Lt. Commander
# 1 Emergency Power 3 skills
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Where do I get them?

I want to get 2x EPTW3 for my Klingon but none of the BOFFs in the exchange have any EP3 skills. The STO wiki says the skill exists.

In other news, KDF boffs are 100000000x more expensive than Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
You can trade commissioned bridge officers now! Just open the trade interface with a friend in the engineering captain profession, de equip them of all their stuff, then they can train it up. Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah, as was said, Engineer Captains can learn and then train "Emergency Power to <Whatever> III" skills.

And you'll have to use the wonderfully clunky and kluged BOFF training system. And if you have the C-store Borg Engineer BOFF, don't expect her to get the skill cause you won't be able to trade her (another 'feature' of the way BOFF training works).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Awesome! Thanks.

Now to find an Engy friend I don't suppose my Engy main could help out? (I'm testing a build for my Tac alt)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
No, you have to use the player to player trading interface for commissioned officers (in this case, people receiving skill training from an engineering captain) as opposed to the mail system unfortunately. Only uncommissioned officer candidates can be mailed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talhydras View Post
You can trade commissioned bridge officers now! Just open the trade interface with a friend in the engineering captain profession, de equip them of all their stuff, then they can train it up. Hope this helps!
wHAT?!! We can trade officers we could not normally trade? Like the Borg Bridge officer?
AWW poo, just saw where I can't..... sigh. You used to be able to trade all officers between players for training and I hate that the Borg BOffs are restricted again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
wHAT?!! We can trade officers we could not normally trade? Like the Borg Bridge officer?
AWW poo, just saw where I can't..... sigh. You used to be able to trade all officers between players for training and I hate that the Borg BOffs are restricted again.
The C-store Borg and a handful of others have never been tradable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I know you can trade the Aenar (did it last week), but i havent tried to trade my borg at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
I know you can trade the Aenar (did it last week), but i havent tried to trade my borg at all.
Aenar and Caitan aren't C-store BOFFs. You buy a token for them in the C-store, but they're obtainable from the BOFF vendor on ESD for that token, not the C-store. You can also put the tokens or BOFFs up for sale on the exchange.

Since the Borg BOFF was a pre-order exclusive and infinitely reclaimable by people with that pre-order, she's bound to any claiming character.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Aenar and Caitan aren't C-store BOFFs. You buy a token for them in the C-store, but they're obtainable from the BOFF vendor on ESD for that token, not the C-store. You can also put the tokens or BOFFs up for sale on the exchange.

Since the Borg BOFF was a pre-order exclusive and infinitely reclaimable by people with that pre-order, she's bound to any claiming character.
...I wasn't arguing with you.