Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
How many months of paying the $15 subscription fee would be equal to the same C-STORE unlocks as what subscribers get?

Also aren't there things that subscribers have that can not be earned by silver members? Are they not worth it?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
My gold sub, Is it true that, only difference between gold and silver is the 400 c-points a month and shorter inventory?

If that is, I'll probably cancel it all together and save money. What is the point in having gold when gold members don't get discounts on the c-store and only getting 400cp? It's ridiculous!

What do you all think? should I save money until they come up with something better?

Many thanks,
Charlie
I'm silver right now and am having much the same experience as I had when I was Gold, the only difference is, I ain't paying for it. If, however your characters aren't at max level I'd hold off cancelling until they are so you can get maximum benefits
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2012, 02:01 AM
I truely do feel for all the players that didn't life up back on day 1 of the game.
I got my 2 years of game play paid and done with, and now I'm an enternal gold +.

But now I see the Cash Store, and all the of the RL money that has to be spent by Silvers just to get 'more fluff' (which some is good, understandably), and heck even us lifers still have the option to purchase things as well, since we're not getting anything for free save 400 points a months.

Honestly, if I wasn't a lifer, I's consider having downgraded to Silver. Although you lose out on the 'Veteren reward' status that accures with 'gold' (or lifetime). Mind you half of the gold items are 'for sale' now. So maybe it doesn't matter.

I think in the end, we can all agree this game is 'Cash Trek, the next degeneration,' at the moment. Seems like they want you to pay 15.00+ a month even without a sub (as they need money to kjeep the game going). But I still have yet to see a 'Star Trek', in the online part of this game. Maybe I can sum up how one might sub based on what they are looking for in the game?
If you're wanting Quality (which is average or sub-par sometimes in this, game) = go Silver. If you just want more stuff, or Quantity = go Gold.

My 2 dilithium *moan*
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solardream View Post
I truely do feel for all the players that didn't life up back on day 1 of the game.
I got my 2 years of game play paid and done with, and now I'm an enternal gold +.

But now I see the Cash Store, and all the of the RL money that has to be spent by Silvers just to get 'more fluff' (which some is good, understandably), and heck even us lifers still have the option to purchase things as well, since we're not getting anything for free save 400 points a months.

Honestly, if I wasn't a lifer, I's consider having downgraded to Silver. Although you lose out on the 'Veteren reward' status that accures with 'gold' (or lifetime). Mind you half of the gold items are 'for sale' now. So maybe it doesn't matter.

I think in the end, we can all agree this game is 'Cash Trek, the next degeneration,' at the moment. Seems like they want you to pay 15.00+ a month even without a sub (as they need money to kjeep the game going). But I still have yet to see a 'Star Trek', in the online part of this game. Maybe I can sum up how one might sub based on what they are looking for in the game?
If you're wanting Quality (which is average or sub-par sometimes in this, game) = go Silver. If you just want more stuff, or Quantity = go Gold.

My 2 dilithium *moan*
Nope, don't agree.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2012, 03:32 AM
I would drop it

If the game was run by a company which actually cared and wasn't in it 110% just for profit, I would stay stick with it and support the game, but the company just isn't worth giving money to

They seem to have taken away so much from the game, to force people to pay for items, so in my opinion, they aren't worth your money.

And yes, there are FOR profit companies which do care about their game and it's players, "perfect" world however, isn't one of them.

I see no real point in gold membership either, as all the pretty stuff is all paid for through the cstore
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2012, 04:30 AM
There does seem to be no real reason to be Gold at this moment in time. Champions Online seems to have better perks for being Gold and has lots of things to buy in their store (If you don't get them for being Gold). Wonder why they couldn't' do this with STO?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-21-2012, 04:31 AM
If your char(s) are at max level drop your subscription. After that point there is not much to look forward to with the subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Here's something you could/should try:

Spend the next three months spending just 10 bucks on C-Points each month. That's 5 bucks less than your subscription and its stipend.

Then see how many C-Points you'd have compared to the 1200 your stipend would get you. And see if you can play and enjoy the game with that amount of C-Points in comparison.

You'll be paying less, and yet still be able to purchase more.

That's why the subscription doesn't work and isn't worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Wow...there's been alot of replies here. You all been very helpful and your opinions do matter to me. I'm going to cancel it tomorrow and play as silver from now on. The things on this game is terrible and the C-store prices have gone up! I know for a fact the prices have gone up and It's sad what they are doing..