Lt. Commander
# 1 Galaxy Retrofit update thread
02-21-2012, 05:11 AM
I think this might make the Galaxy Retrofit a bit better. It doesn't change too much on it. You loose 200 crew people, and your hull goes back to being what it was at tier 4, but you gain 1 maneuverability point, bringing it inline with the assault cruiser, however your inertia rating is slightly lower so you can't turn as well. You loose one rear hard point too.

The gains are a BO switch similar to the Venture Class. A single Commander engineer station, but one LT station for every type including universal. The other 'advantage' is two additional universal console slots, so you can put some of the new special consoles in, giving the ship extra power. Additionally, I'd pretend its a science ship for bonuses (if that's possible, and go with +10% hull Strength and +30% Shield Strength, instead of the normal cruiser setup.

The idea here is several small bonuses to make the Galaxy Retrofit different from the Gal-X, but not overshadowing the Sovereign.

This is my take on the upgrade, if you think of a better one, feel free to post it here =^o^=

Hull: 32,500
Weapons:
Front- 4 (no Dual or dual heavy cannons)
Rear- 3
Crew: 800
Bridge Officer (12 total)
Engineer Comm, LT
Science LT
Tactical LT
Universal LT
Device Slots: 4
Consoles (11 total)
Engineer 4
Science 3
Tactical 2
Universal 2
Turn Rate: 7
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Inertia rating: 25
Power Bonus: +5 all

Saucer Seperation
-15% Hull HP
+96 Impulse Speed
+10 Turn rate
+10 Weapons power
-5 Shields power
-5 Engine power
-5 Auxilary power
Crew Capacity set to 100 (-700 crew)
-5% Shield HP
If disabled, must be recalled
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 07:40 AM
So basically, you've made a tier 4.5 ship.

Not fond of the removal of one of the rear weapon slots - if anything, the Galaxy is already somewhat under-gunned compared to what we saw on the show.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
So basically, you've made a tier 4.5 ship.

Not fond of the removal of one of the rear weapon slots - if anything, the Galaxy is already somewhat under-gunned compared to what we saw on the show.
Sort of in the gun area. The idea was that the Gal-R's niche could be more console slots as they're somewhat useful now. The BO setup was just an upgrade from the venture. I'd personally like it to be...

Engineer Comm
Science Lt Comm
Tactical LT Comm
Universal Ensign (2)

but that might be too powerful. I didn't want to make it overly better then the assault cruiser, or the Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
Sort of in the gun area. The idea was that the Gal-R's niche could be more console slots as they're somewhat useful now. The BO setup was just an upgrade from the venture. I'd personally like it to be...

Engineer Comm
Science Lt Comm
Tactical LT Comm
Universal Ensign (2)

but that might be too powerful. I didn't want to make it overly better then the assault cruiser, or the Odyssey.
I like the BOFF slots...if anything, I think that the high-end cruisers in general need less wimpy stations than what most of them already have. I'd suggest adding the weapon slot back and re-scripting the saucer AI so that it's less retarded in combat.