Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Since there are the cardassian boxes, I am dropping in every mission (not only stf) a lot of them... every day at least 10.... and since there are the cardassian boxes, in stf elite I stopped to drop prototype items.
Before this new drop I usually found 2-4 prototype borg savage. However dropping other prototype borg tech had been alway quite impossible.... after hundreds of stf elite missions I have dropped only one prototype borg shield.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2012, 02:23 AM
: Devil's Advocate:

But you can always play community content! Why whine?

Seriously though.. really? like its that hard to just add in like a fleet battle STF? I don't mean your usual ploy of "encounters" which is spawning a group of battle groups or adding a 'boss battle group' for the borg encounters. A proper STF style battle :/ It would at least portray the idea that we are at war with the borg.

also.. either drop only Gold boxs from STFs or NO boxs at all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2012, 02:32 AM
the drop rate is fine as it is.
I think they already increased it.
Makes the mk xii set items something to work for.

I agree that it is too random though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentum
I agree that it is too random though.
Especially with people like:

Quote:
You're right, 2 days was way too long a time for my alt to gear up in full mk 12s.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2012, 03:49 AM
The drop rate is still crazy low IMO, I've got a fleetmate who has the accolade for 300 STFs runs. All he has is one MK XII ground item... @.@

He runs mostly elite both space and ground...

I have noticed that space proto techs drop quicker for most people I know....

I've got the space pieces I need... never received the ground pieces.. close to my 150th STF run -.-
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2012, 09:18 AM
In complete agreement with the OP here.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-21-2012, 09:39 AM
If they increase it any more than they already have, folks will achieve their goals faster than the devs intend. Remember, with the lack of content at the moment they have to draw out what is currently in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
If they increase it any more than they already have, folks will achieve their goals faster than the devs intend. Remember, with the lack of content at the moment they have to draw out what is currently in the game.
But playing the same six missions over and over again more than 100 times and not getting what you want show me the fun in that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Bridger View Post
But playing the same six missions over and over again more than 100 times and not getting what you want show me the fun in that.
We definitely need more ground STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
If the drop rate is not increased, how about setting it up that if you get say 2 of the MK X11 PSG you could trade one in for MK XII gun or armor? RIght now my inventory I have stacked 2 of the PSG. I am trying to get the ground set, and that is the only drop. Also on the ship end I need the mk xii engine to finish the maco set. I run through all the elite's I can nightly and now I have a ton of EDC, RBS, & PBS only problem is I don't need any of those things. I would not even mind if the PBS could be turned in for MK XII set gear at a huge cost. At least I would feel like I am working to a goal. Kinda like with the MK XI sets and EDC.
Closed Thread