Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
didn't they make STF's easier? reduced levels of mobs, they obviously didn't reduce the loot table (green x and xi in elite are getting annoying)

the final elite stf loot and optional seems to have been reduced too, we don't want the mystery lock boxes, i'd prefer a random blue xi console i can use/trade. now it's more than 99% vendor fodder.

All in all, loot table for elite stf's seems to be reduced somewhat

Cheers

Jim

PS. Where's my Engine!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know, if the drop correspond with the damage done or whatever.

I mainly use 2 toons. A tactical and a science.
The tactical one got about 25 prototype borg salvage on 80 STF-runs, full MK XI ground maco-set and full MK XII space maco.

The science done about 140 STF-runs and got 2 prototype borg salvage and only a prototype shield tech.

What's wrong with the droprates?
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't expect a satisfactory answer from Gozer on this.

We want guarantedd loot drops.

I find it funny how a lot people are saying that after a few runs, the STF's are boring and not worthy of the grind. I've said that since FtP beta. The rewards are not nearly good enough to justify people BORING THEMSELVES TO DEATH on the mere *chance* of getting good loot.

I think there are some mindless grind-lovers that influenced the lottery drop decision, in all honesty.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Honestly, like a few other people said, I could care less, just lower the drop rate on those damned boxes, I have like 30 of them on my klingon and at least 15 on my fed, I've gotten to the point I don't even pick them up i just leave them floating there. Sure, its a nice way to get certain things...but most of the time its a waste of credits...infact I was going to log in and destroy the ones I have except for this crash
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-21-2012, 08:31 PM
well so for I've run 563 STF elite missions and have 781 EDC, 76 rare borg salvage, 21 prototype salvage and have only gotten 6 prototype shield tech.come on 563 STF elite runs and all i have is shield tech really Cryptic that is insane how many more do i have to run to get the deflector and engine to make at least one set at MK XII?
And as far as the mystery boxes go you can please tone those down nobody really wants them.I can understand one at the end or one or two drops but when my screen is covered in green letters of everybody passing on the 20 that dropped come on stop already.And another thing in all those 563 runs i have yet to see a gold box every box within a box is green so thanks for nickle and dimeing us to death for every cent.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-22-2012, 01:09 AM
I am quite happy with drop rates overall. I only need 3 more MK XII weapons (or was it 4?) and need one item to complete the MACO set. And I have only played STFs for real for the last two weeks... If I had completed everything by now where would be the motivation to play them again and again? Just to shave of some more seconds from the timer for the optional objectives?

I would prefer more predictable drops and less crappy items in STFs, but overall it is fine as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-22-2012, 06:14 AM
I think that after you get the MK XII weapons for ground and space along with the MK XI special reserves for your ground and space sets on the toons you want them on, your grind is done. After that you are either goofing off or under the delusional impression that you actually have a change at MK XII sets.

That is the time that you should go back and start playing all of the other wonderful and captivating content the devs have put in the game before you started your girndfest last December.
Lt. Commander
# 38 I'm not going to play anymore
02-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Your stf's have become a complete joke and since for a year and a half between accolade hunting you have ruined my fun. Do you honestly expect me to play 6000 stfs for an accolade you give to fools on their first attempt. Eat me crypic, after 12400 accolade points, you can stop spamming me with your stupid news, you lost a player who has once enjoyed the over 500 stfs. peace!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipher
well so for I've run 563 STF elite missions and have 781 EDC, 76 rare borg salvage, 21 prototype salvage and have only gotten 6 prototype shield tech.come on 563 STF elite runs and all i have is shield tech really Cryptic that is insane how many more do i have to run to get the deflector and engine to make at least one set at MK XII?
And as far as the mystery boxes go you can please tone those down nobody really wants them.I can understand one at the end or one or two drops but when my screen is covered in green letters of everybody passing on the 20 that dropped come on stop already.And another thing in all those 563 runs i have yet to see a gold box every box within a box is green so thanks for nickle and dimeing us to death for every cent.
have you run all the STFs? They drop specific pieces depending on which one you do, for example, infected only has the shield tech.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-27-2012, 08:48 AM
The drop rate needs to be adjusted badly. 95% of the drops are those God forsaken Cardassian lockboxes; every single mystery box I've gotten has been a Cardassian lock box. WTF?

A slightly higher drop rate on prototype Borg salvage would be appreciated as well.
Closed Thread