Lt. Commander
# 1 Ambassador Skin?
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I was listening to Al's interview with P1. He mentioned the trouble with the Ambassador and adding it to the game is there is really noting to differentiate it from the Galaxy. So I had a thought, how would you feel if the Ambassador was a skin option for the Galaxy? That way the ship gets into the game but it saves the devs the trouble of shoehorning it into a position.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't mind it being a skin that much, though I would prefer it to be its own ship. I'm personally somewhat sick of the ship choices per Tier at this point. I'd like to see more options for each ship type rather then knowing I "have to" use a Galaxy type at Captain if I want to fly a Cruiser - or Defiant/Intrepid type.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't like it. The Ambassador is a smaller ship and it should have better turning not only that but its closer to a battle ship then the Galaxy, it was made in a war so it had much higher odds being being attacked.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
I don't like it. The Ambassador is a smaller ship and it should have better turning not only that but its closer to a battle ship then the Galaxy, it was made in a war so it had much higher odds being being attacked.
What "war" are you referring to? The Federation wasn't fighting any wars during the time of the Enterprise C - I don't consider the Klingon/Romulan cold wars as wars.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Quote:
What "war" are you referring to? The Federation wasn't fighting any wars during the time of the Enterprise C - I don't consider the Klingon/Romulan cold wars as wars.
I agree. The Enterprise-C was built decades after the peace treaty with the Klingons was signed and TNG told us the Romulans pretty much minded their own business during all that time. I never saw the E-C as a warship; I saw it as the first step toward the flying hotel that was the Galaxy Class.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
A cold war is still a war not a time peace. The Ambassador/Enterprise C even tho it going out and looking for new stuff it still had to be ready for a random attack. This did happen when the Enterprise C was attacked by what was it 3-4 Romulan warbirds for aiding a Klingon outpost, put a good fight as well.

That's my views on it anyway, i aint saying i'm 100% right just my views.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
A cold war is still a war not a time peace.
I visited Russia prior to Glasnost. No one shot at me. I wouldn't consider a cold war a war.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't think cryptic is up for more ship skins - why charge just 5$ for a skin if you can charge up to 20 dollars for a "real" ship?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
It should be a T4 but have higher turn rate/lower hull amount.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
I visited Russia prior to Glasnost. No one shot at me. I wouldn't consider a cold war a war.
Far more guts then me lol. I was going to say more but it came out sounding really rude and disrespectful and I'm not like that nor do I want people to think i am. If I can find a way to word it right I will post it.