Lt. Commander
# 1 console question
02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
do antiproton mag regulators stack? and for science consoles is a Field Generator and a Shield Emitter Amplifier a good combo?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
do antiproton mag regulators stack? and for science consoles is a Field Generator and a Shield Emitter Amplifier a good combo?
any console where the value isnt a % stacks. Yes those are good consoles to have although if your fighting the borg your better off with hull resists as they will strip your shields like no tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrayman View Post
any console where the value isnt a % stacks. Yes those are good consoles to have although if your fighting the borg your better off with hull resists as they will strip your shields like no tomorrow.
Hazard Emitters followed by Emergency Power to Shields?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Hazard Emitters followed by Emergency Power to Shields?
Try and add polarize hull as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrayman View Post
so do the antiproton mag regulators stack? i cant remember if its a percent or not and currently cant check in game
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
They do have a % on them, but they do stack. Martinbrayman's post is incorrect. The only console that doesn't stack is the 35% shield console. Several others have % modifiers on them and do stack.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
You just need to sit in space and look at your weapon power as you add the consoles dude

They should cover this in the tutorial. So many people don't think to look at their ship stats as they are adding consoles and confirm the change is a 100% stack or partial etc. There is just so much to look at and learn I suppose.

Again, it should be in the Fed tutorial somehow as I think it would really help a lot of players.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
so do the antiproton mag regulators stack? i cant remember if its a percent or not and currently cant check in game
Consoles do stack in general. And the % number is a bit misleading but still accurate. Skills Consoles add on top of your applicable Captain skill bonus in addition to other factors which affect the ability.

Tactical consoles add into the rest of the factors that do into weapon damage. (From memory) According to Captain Geko from the recent Priority One interview: Weapon damage formula.

base damage x ( 1 + <weapon strength> + <ship strength> + <skill bonus>/100 + <console total>/100 )

Weapon Strength is based on the Mark of the weapon (Mk X Weapon == Str 1). Ship Strength is based on the tier of the ship (T5 Ship == Str 1 ). Both are normally hidden already being factored into the weapon damage on the popup info. Skill bonus I think from the way that Geko is a total of 99 at max rank for the T1 and T2 weapon skills (so 1/2 from each). And console total is the total of your applicable Tactical consoles (e.g. so 4x Purple 26% = +104 ). And there are other factors that increase damage. I believe each non [DAM] attribute add +2.5%(?) and each [DAM] attribute added +7.5%(?) just like mini-consoles.

As you can see the consoles do stack, There is no diminishing returns. They just don't buff in the amount that one would think at first glance.