Lt. Commander
# 21
01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
I did it on my Fed character, completed the mission, didn't die once, and can turn in the mission for the rewards. However, my bug appears when that happens, I cannot start the next mission. I submitted a ticket after doing this mission a few times, but I got no response, and no way of looking at past tickets (I have since filed another ticket on another character for another reason).
Do you have the level necessary for triggering the next mission? I forget what the recommendation for Darkness before the Dawn is, but I know on a couple of my characters, mission progress seems to just stall out somewhere because the missions they were doing are now above their level.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 10:49 AM
My favorite bug is that the NPC's apparantly don't care about walls or pathing. They jump up on the rails becoming untargetable, and continue to shoot you. Oh, and don't even think of putting a DoT on one that is jumping up there. They will die and if it's the "get the item from this jerkface" npc. you're stuck, Drop it and do again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I can appreciate the ideas that drove the developers to create this story. From that point of view this mission as well as a few that proceeded it in the arc seemed to ask to much of an engine that really wasn't up to the task. I played the first campaign and thought it rocked but it seems the second season comparatively speaking pushed the envelope a bit too much.

The pathfinding of the enemy on the catwalks and Hakeev and his guards to shooting through walls have to this point made the story an exercise in frustration.

In the initial assault I was a bit careless and died twice because I overextended into a mob. My bad. As I approached the end the romulans took to rails, jumped around and shot me dead. A lot.

I got lucky and made it to the end and got shot dead when I waited for the support that didn't materialize and the remans who told me there was much to do (I never found Obisek).

As a tac I am high up enough I was able to call down a security team (they died quicker than me and contributed nothing). Finally I baited Hakeev and company back toward the remans and the two forces engaged. The centurions dropped and Hakeev went down to no health then he stood there and wouldn't drop. I don't think I got the kill shot so the next sequence wouldn't trigger.

Come on I died at least 10 times for that? At least 3 of the deaths were spawning to held and shot to pieces deaths. I dropped the mission to try a restart somewhere down the road because I'd like to play through the rest of the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried again and the support beamed in; I backed them up with a security team and buffed the lot of them. We steamrollered over Hakeev and his cronies so fast I couldn't believe it was over. This time around shock rather than frustration and a great finish to the second season.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Do you have the level necessary for triggering the next mission? I forget what the recommendation for Darkness before the Dawn is, but I know on a couple of my characters, mission progress seems to just stall out somewhere because the missions they were doing are now above their level.
My character is max level and cannot get this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I ran this mission for the first time about 4 days ago.

Got all the way to the end, Harkeev coming out and then BAM!, my daughter accidentally turned off the power to the wireless router and I got disconnected.
I was just about to die, and Hakeev was at about 3/4 health.

When I logged back in, it took me straight to where I had been, and Hakeev was already defeated!!

I'm sure I missed some witty banter and dialogue, but I kind of got a "free pass" on that one and just warped out of there and didn't look back!