Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
I haven't run the mission yet, but it sounds great. i'll have to pick up a second set for when I get my Jem'Hadar BOFF, like we all know we're getting during the first run.
Sadly, set items are currently marked as unique - one per character.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by difens View Post
Sadly, set items are currently marked as unique - one per character.
That's obviously done to prevent trading; would be cool to give these items to BOffs though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Hopefully the visual will unlock when we get the third piece which would be the same tactic they used in the STF GEAR. Although this means I'll need to clear a costume slot for a jem'hadar suit. If that's the case I'll probably end up putting the peices on the Jem boff and stick with my maco gear
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Shroud has a 5% chance to cloak you for 6 seconds if you are damaged. It has an 18 second cooldown. You can't collect multiple sets because the rifle is unique, the armor doesn't look anything like what Jem'hadar use but is a standard Starfleet armor and it is life-threatening since it has no resistance to physical damage. So far the rewards are what I like the least about this series.
To be fare it sounds like this is mitigated when you use all three pieces as it ability you get is some type of medical thing which might regenerate health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
Hopefully the visual will unlock when we get the third piece which would be the same tactic they used in the STF GEAR. Although this means I'll need to clear a costume slot for a jem'hadar suit. If that's the case I'll probably end up putting the peices on the Jem boff and stick with my maco gear
Thats what I plan to do since we're likely getting a Jem'Hadar Boff.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
That's obviously done to prevent trading; would be cool to give these items to BOffs though.
Bind on pick up (which it does) is to prevent trading. This is just to make it so you cannot give it to your whole away team, like people did with the ophidian cane when it first came out.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM
If the Jem'Hadar armor set does have a unique appears which I expect it very well might it will only be accessible after completing the set, then accessing the taylor and customizing it same as the STF armor sets. The Jem'hadar set is very effective, it has good universal resistances, and decent passive bonuses. The sets has nice customization options when you include the special Jem'hadar weapon consumables. It's not going to be as good for killing borg as the STF sets only b/c of the lack of integral remodulator. But it will be very effective for non-borg combat.

Certainly its a good place to start if you don't have an stf set. It along with the 3 sec Remodulator from Defera Ground Invasion and you are well along your way to effectiveness even in the Elite ground.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
If the Jem'Hadar armor set does have a unique appears which I expect it very well might it will only be accessible after completing the set, then accessing the taylor and customizing it same as the STF armor sets. The Jem'hadar set is very effective, it has good universal resistances, and decent passive bonuses. The sets has nice customization options when you include the special Jem'hadar weapon consumables. It's not going to be as good for killing borg as the STF sets only b/c of the lack of integral remodulator. But it will be very effective for non-borg combat.

Certainly its a good place to start if you don't have an stf set. It along with the 3 sec Remodulator from Defera Ground Invasion and you are well along your way to effectiveness even in the Elite ground.
Except for that pesky part where you're using a full auto rifle, which is one of the worst things you can use against the borg.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Except for that pesky part where you're using a full auto rifle, which is one of the worst things you can use against the borg.
Keep up with your patch notes. The change to the adaptation mechanics has fixed that problem.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Apparently they are removing 'unique' restriction from Jem'Hadar set weapons. I just saw it in Tribble patch notes. Armor is already non-unique and I hope shield will also be non-unique. Yay!
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-22-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm a bit confused by this...I collected the 3 pieces, the rifle, the armor, and the personal shield, all MK XI, and bought the upgrade option from the lobi crystal store. On using it all three pieces become MK XII, and upon equipping them I get a clicky for the combat triage subroutine, but that's all...the info on the website says it's a three piece set, but when I check the items they say they are three parts of a four piece set, and it lists the MK XII armor twice. What am I missing, or is this currently broken?
There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Closed Thread