Lt. Commander
1 ) WHY does your ship STOP when a Boff speaks or when you hail Starfleet??? This has ruined many a Slipstream for me. You ship should ONLY stop if you reach the destination you clicked on.
2) Why can't you simply log out to your character screen, why do you have to enter your password again?
3) WHY does the Doff store close when you've gotten rewarded due to advancement? You should have access to it until you are done with it...E.G. I'm in space, it pops up to reward me, I open the store and start choosing new Doff assignments and buy Doffs from the store as needed...But if I open my player window or change my location in space, it closes the store window and I can't get it back without going to Starfleet Academy.
4) Part of the 'Startrek Lore" describes Starfleet creating more Transwarp Hubs in 2404, how come we only got one (and the Klingons got one, too)???
5) It would be nice if you could save your HUD abilities bars for when they get scrambled when you change bridge station assignments, ships, or the occasional Cryptic update reset to defaults and so you could save different sets for different situations (team, solo, 1on1, 1onMany)
6) ...also I wish Cryptic would make it so when you are assigning a mission the traits list would default to the necessary traits which you could then clear or change as needed, it's gets old quick constantly clicking on telepathic/cunning/unscrupulous, or Congenial/Efficient/Peaceful/Teamwork

DOFF ASSIGNMENT LISTS suggestions:
Before 2/9 I used to be able to 'roll the dice' and get a new list of Doff assignments by changing instances (and another one in bridge view). This made perfect sense because the longer you are in an area, the more you search an area, the more contacts you make, and the more time you have to research (e.g.:Starfleet DB), you would normally find new missions/assignments/repairs.
It certainly made it less frustrating to play and more fun to 'roll-the-dice' and find something new!
Blocks:
I would suggest that...
>as you pass from sector to sector within a block you see a random new Doff assignment list
>but if you complete any short mission in any sector you are rewarded with a Doff assignment list with at least 1 rare listing
>but if you complete any long mission in any sector you are rewarded with a Doff assignment list with at least 1 very rare listing
>>>this includes missions you are normally on...
Cluster/Nebula/Expanses:
I would further suggest that...
>every anomaly you find and successfully analyze gives you a new random Doff assignment list
>every aid the planet completion gives you Doff assignment list with at lest 1 rare listing
>every system you explore to completion gives you a Doff assignment list with at lest 1 very rare listing
...or better yet, adding yet more realism into the game, create orders we can give to research the area...
These can be done concurrently, only once each, and you are prompted upon completion of each:
(o) Contact nearby freighter/planet/ship (30s...generates a random new Doff assignment list)
(o) Perform long range scan and analysis ( 5m...generates a Doff list with at least 1 uncommon mission)
(o) Research Starfleet Archives (10m...generates a Doff list with at least 1 rare mission)
(o) Send out landing party for recon mission (15m...generates a Doff list with at least 1 very rare mission)
...good things come to those who wait!!!
Note: ALL Doff lists would always have the possibility of uncommon/rare/very rare listings, the longer missions would just guarantee at least one in the new list.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
1) There's an option for that. It's called like "keep moving on player contact" or something. Look in the options and you'll find it.
2) They are deliberately leaving it as is and call it a "security feature". I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
3) Technically it's not really "proper" for you to access the DOFF store at all unless you are at SFA.
4) Arguably, since you can trasnwarp "anywhere" now (at least for mission replay), they have installed many "transwarp gates".
5) It should remember your powers now. At least they said it was fixed. I haven't changed ships in a while so I don't know for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 01:28 PM
you can add to this list the second episode of the FE series the 2800, it was like a tutorial and there was no where near enough action, and most players dont need combat training or want to spend time looking at soil samples, This episode was overall terrible and is not worthy of the name Featured series, I was expecting a big battle to retake deep space nine and that didn't happen, over cryptic you can do way better than this garbage of an episode.
Lt. Commander
# 4 FE 2800 Second part
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice graphics, long and dull story. Stupid tasks. Complet waste of time. Awfull.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
1) There's an option for that. It's called like "keep moving on player contact" or something. Look in the options and you'll find it.
2) They are deliberately leaving it as is and call it a "security feature". I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
3) Technically it's not really "proper" for you to access the DOFF store at all unless you are at SFA.
4) Arguably, since you can trasnwarp "anywhere" now (at least for mission replay), they have installed many "transwarp gates".
5) It should remember your powers now. At least they said it was fixed. I haven't changed ships in a while so I don't know for sure.
1) Nice to know, thanks for that.
2) A security feature would be forced password changes, RSA dongles or some form of bot filtering. The current changeover by relog method is just **********ness IMHO.
3) They can talk to you via subspace comms and send the beggars to you via shuttle and transwarp conduits....no reason why we can't do this remotely given its a far-future setting.
4) It would be nice to see them though, and having functional ones to bridge to the other sectors would at least lend a reason for that infernal "Warp to C sector nonsense".
5) It doesnt, as with much of the game its another thing that bugs as soon as you sneeze near it. Changing ship, adding new ships to your listing, removing ships from your listing etc....it all messes with the hotbars.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBlack10 View Post
you can add to this list the second episode of the FE series the 2800, it was like a tutorial and there was no where near enough action, and most players dont need combat training or want to spend time looking at soil samples, This episode was overall terrible and is not worthy of the name Featured series, I was expecting a big battle to retake deep space nine and that didn't happen, over cryptic you can do way better than this garbage of an episode.
I'm pretty sure they're saving the "big battle to retake DS9" for the last mission in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus_Amberose
2) A security feature would be forced password changes, RSA dongles or some form of bot filtering. The current changeover by relog method is just **********ness IMHO.
I'm not saying it makes sense, but when players bring this up with Cryptic, they say it is a "security feature" and refuse to change it. I think the argument is if you left the computer and someone took control of your toon, they could only "destroy" that one since changing characters requires you to put in your password.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm more annoyed with the far to great deal of little inconsistencies. On the very top for me are TOS D7 Cruisers in time travel missions beating the crap out of superduper highend ships (aint this alone a severe canon violation?) and also ground-missions in the past with enemys from that timeline using personal shields.
Lt. Commander
# 8 thanks for the help...
02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Stormnnorm (my brother calls himself Stormin Norman too), appreciate your time and comments.