Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Um, yeah, no way I can train my Borg engineer Boff with Emergency Power to Shield III on my tactical captain... and no way I can trade her to another player for him to train her for me either.

It'd be really swell if tech for that could finally be implemented.
Yes you can. I just found this out last night. If you unequip everything off of a Boff, and open a trade window, you can drag the Boff to the trade window and it'll act as an item. My fleet's already taking this into account and within the next few days we'll be cross-training our Boffs so I can give their Engy Boffs Emergency Power to Shields III and they can give mine the appropriate skills.

EDIT: Unless by that you meant the Borg is bound (I don't have it so I don't know).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblazer42
EDIT: Unless by that you meant the Borg is bound (I don't have it so I don't know).
Yes, the C-store Borg BOFF is bound, and so are the other 'special' BOFFs (KA Borg, Breen, Reman, Holo, Android). So, because of the current way BOFF training 'works', there are a lot of BOFFs you may have that you can't get trained with skills you want, because they can't be traded.

The non-tradeable issue is just *one* item among many that need fixing. The system needs an overhaul to make it much friendlier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishojojo View Post
One of.the ideas I always liked was letting players make training manuals that could be traded between players or sold.
Skill books would be cool

That or I don't know.... an account shared storage where I can store Boffs and train them with my alts....

Or even trade bound things between toons on my own accounts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
That or I don't know.... an account shared storage where I can store Boffs and train them with my alts....
I think you're on to something there. If one alt could train another alt's BO's within the same account, it would give players a reason to level up Tac/Sci/Eng.

Still not better than an actual BO Cross-Training UI though, and would still require tech/UI to do so there's no quick fix there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Yes, the C-store Borg BOFF is bound, and so are the other 'special' BOFFs (KA Borg, Breen, Reman, Holo, Android). So, because of the current way BOFF training 'works', there are a lot of BOFFs you may have that you can't get trained with skills you want, because they can't be traded.

The non-tradeable issue is just *one* item among many that need fixing. The system needs an overhaul to make it much friendlier.
I suggested one "easy" fix for this in a different thread.

What if there were one or more skill vendors that could train special skills, but only for the bound BOFFs?

You wouldn't need to trade them and it wouldn't break how non-bound BOFF's get trained. You could stick Borg/Holo/Android skill vendors at Memory Alpha, a Reman skill vendor at Starbase-39, a Breen skill vendor at DS-9 or Defera, etc.

They'd use basically the same UI that the other skill vendors do, with an expanded list of trainable skills and some bit of code that only accepts the right kind of BOFF.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I suggested one "easy" fix for this in a different thread.

What if there were one or more skill vendors that could train special skills, but only for the bound BOFFs?

You wouldn't need to trade them and it wouldn't break how non-bound BOFF's get trained. You could stick Borg/Holo/Android skill vendors at Memory Alpha, a Reman skill vendor at Starbase-39, a Breen skill vendor at DS-9 or Defera, etc.

They'd use basically the same UI that the other skill vendors do, with an expanded list of trainable skills and some bit of code that only accepts the right kind of BOFF.
Maybe as a stopgap.

What's really needed is something like WoW's enchantment window. You put your BOFF in it (and maybe some EC), the person selects the skill to be trained, you both hit accept, and its done. No trading needed.

Non-tradable BOFFs withstanding, there are so many other issues with trading that need to be fixed it's really not funny.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Maybe as a stopgap.
You'll get no argument from me. That was totally a stopgap kind of suggestion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
I hope this is pretty high on their priority list. It really should have been there from the start.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksol80 View Post
As it is campaign season here in the U.S., I endorse the idea.
lol.... ditto
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 AM.