Lt. Commander
Under the captain skills screen you have dropdowns for your BOffs and their abilities so you can see which captain skills improve them. I have an officer with Photonic Officer II, but that ability isn't listed in the dropdown, so I was wondering which skill(s), if any, improve this ability?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Good question.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't think there is any. After the revamp some skills simply do not have boosts to them other than their rank. Polorize Hull is an example of one such ability.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
It is kinda annoying how some abilities aren't improved by anything. Not really sure what would improve photonic officer, but something should. As for polarize hull, wouldn't it make sense for hull reinforcements and/or plating to improve the resistance boost and have interial dampeners improve the lenght or something? It actually seems like resists are ignored as far as abilities go, scattering field isn't affected by anything any more.

On the other hand, photonic fleet seems to be buffed by half the skills I have.

Generally I like the new science skills since improving an aspect such as damage or power drain is much more useful thn doing it by system where it gives all different affects to all different skills, but there are some holes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2012, 12:29 PM
At the same time, it would make sense if Eject Warp Plasma was based on an Engine/Warp Core skill and not Particle Generator; would also be nice if Aux to Inertial Dampeners would be improved by Starship Inertia Damperners, but it isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Well particle generators buffs exotic damage, so it makes sense by that to buff eject warp plasma since it certainly counts. Basing it off the engine skill/warp core skills makes more sense under the old system (and I believe it was buffed by one of the eninge skills, my memory is a bit foggy though). It would be interesting if it scaled with engine power, though. I would love aux o inertial dampeners to be buffed by the intertial dampeners skill, though I don't really use it myself since I try to avoid cruisers due to how fat and slow they are.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor63549
Well particle generators buffs exotic damage, so it makes sense by that to buff eject warp plasma since it certainly counts. Basing it off the engine skill/warp core skills makes more sense under the old system (and I believe it was buffed by one of the eninge skills, my memory is a bit foggy though). It would be interesting if it scaled with engine power, though. I would love aux o inertial dampeners to be buffed by the intertial dampeners skill, though I don't really use it myself since I try to avoid cruisers due to how fat and slow they are.
Warp Plasma could be seen in the game as an exotic damage, but it is based in canon to be the warp plasma in your warp naccells which is created by the Warp Core. There is no 'generator' that produces the damage other than the Warp Core. It just seems completely wrong that eject warp plasma can be buffed regularly by a deflector dish.

Earlier in the new system, the Starship Inertial Dampeners system did extend the time Aux to ID would stay up. But that was removed at some point for some reason.