10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-f...ted&playnext=7

I prefer this Einstein personally..
Lt. Commander
# 182
10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesun
You're missing the major point, these gods are planets. Thor was the thunder god, you got that right. But who was Venus again?

Friday
The day in honor of the Norse goddess Frigg.
In Old High German this day was called frigedag.
To the Romans this day was sacred to the goddess VENUS, and was known as dies veneris.

French: vendredi; Italian: venerdi; Spanish: viernes.
German: Freitag ; Dutch: vrijdag.

Mars battled Venus, Venus has a dualality, she's the princess and the dragon, St George and the dragon saves the princess, beowolf fights his mother, King Arthur battles his incestous son after being deceived by his sister.
The pattern is old gods destroyed by new gods. More often old female gods destroyed by new male gods. The suggestion is that in the long forgotten days of our ancestors the women ruled the roost back when gathering was more effective than hunting. When men began agriculture and animal husbandry the old goddesses were over thrown, (got an A for that paper). Tiamat, (no associated planet not even Venus, she is associated with "infinite space" though), the Babylonian goddess of the ocean, (often depicted as a multi-headed snake), was slain by Marduk a younger male god who was associated with Jupiter not Mars. Though Marduk is a storm god the pattern Talbott describes is not so strong here.

I'll PM the rest. It is inherently offensive to a major faith system, (even though archeology supports it and the good book really makes no effort to hide that things were different before Mosses), and I will not let you trip me into a ban.

We see this pattern of young male deity over throwing female deity very often in ancient myths, and it has nothing to do with a war of the worlds. As Hort said much earlier the solar system was a much calmer place come about 200,000 years ago. Heck it has been really calm for at least the last fifteen million years. Barring the occasional Chicxulub of course, and we have not seen an Everest sized impactor since Chicxulub.
Lt. Commander
# 183
10-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
The pattern is old gods destroyed by new gods. More often old female gods destroyed by new male gods. The suggestion is that in the long forgotten days of our ancestors the women ruled the roost back when gathering was more effective than hunting. When men began agriculture and animal husbandry the old goddesses were over thrown, (got an A for that paper). Tiamat, (no associated planet not even Venus, she is associated with "infinite space" though), the Babylonian goddess of the ocean, (often depicted as a multi-headed snake), was slain by Marduk a younger male god who was associated with Jupiter not Mars. Though Marduk is a storm god the pattern Talbott describes is not so strong here.

I'll PM the rest. It is inherently offensive to a major faith system, (even though archeology supports it and the good book really makes no effort to hide that things were different before Mosses), and I will not let you trip me into a ban.

We see this pattern of young male deity over throwing female deity very often in ancient myths, and it has nothing to do with a war of the worlds. As Hort said much earlier the solar system was a much calmer place come about 200,000 years ago. Heck it has been really calm for at least the last fifteen million years. Barring the occasional Chicxulub of course, and we have not seen an Everest sized impactor since Chicxulub.
Trying to trip you on a ban? Interesting you mention the pattern, new gods(planets) destroying old gods(planets). Tiamet was another pricess/dragon/Venus myth. Defeated by Marduk with his lighting bolt.
Lt. Commander
# 184
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Trying to trip you on a ban? Interesting you mention the pattern, new gods(planets) destroying old gods(planets). Tiamet was another pricess/dragon/Venus myth. Defeated by Marduk with his lighting bolt.
Tiamat has no planet. No Venus, not Pluto, not Planet X, nor Nibiru, (note: I am aware the last three are not planets and the last two are not real). I already said the solar system had been pretty peaceful for a long time, (couple BILLION years). Humans like us have only been on this planet for about 200,000 years. Jupiter kinda keeps planets from colliding.

I quit. You insist on wandering so far off topic it is ridiculous and you have convinced yourself that as long as you are the last one bleating nonsense it somehow makes you right. Your not right, talbott, (who makes a terrible anthropologist at best is not right, planets have not collided since shortly after the birth of our solar system some four billions years ago.

Is this not the frustrated response you have been pandering for?

Now excuse me I'm am gonna leave this thread that you have so completely buggered. /^:[3

What was that rule about derailing, stealing, or taking a thread so far off topic it is against TOS? I think you have reached critical mass with it.

To get back on topic...

I feel that if a neutrino can, under the right conditions, move faster than the speed of light we will be one step closer to unifying Quantum Mechanics and Relativity. That is why, despite the threat this posses to a personal hero of mine's intellectual legacy, I am excited.
Lt. Commander
# 185
10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Tiamat has no planet. No Venus, not Pluto, not Planet X, nor Nibiru, (note: I am aware the last three are not planets and the last two are not real). I already said the solar system had been pretty peaceful for a long time, (couple BILLION years). Humans like us have only been on this planet for about 200,000 years. Jupiter kinda keeps planets from colliding.

I quit. You insist on wandering so far off topic it is ridiculous and you have convinced yourself that as long as you are the last one bleating nonsense it somehow makes you right. Your not right, talbott, (who makes a terrible anthropologist at best is not right, planets have not collided since shortly after the birth of our solar system some four billions years ago.

Is this not the frustrated response you have been pandering for?

Now excuse me I'm am gonna leave this thread that you have so completely buggered. /^:[3

What was that rule about derailing, stealing, or taking a thread so far off topic it is against TOS? I think you have reached critical mass with it.

To get back on topic...

I feel that if a neutrino can, under the right conditions, move faster than the speed of light we will be one step closer to unifying Quantum Mechanics and Relativity. That is why, despite the threat this posses to a personal hero of mine's intellectual legacy, I am excited.
Fair enough, if one of mods wants to tell me i'm off topic i'll back away. I still hold to the fact that Mythology relates to planets, Cosmology relates to planets and Einstein's theory relates to the motion of planets.

Study of Mars is Cosmology. The Scar faced warrior in Mythology.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qrn...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 186
10-01-2011, 12:32 PM
So the study of tropical birds is oceanography due to the existence of fish called parrots. Oh, and oceanography is also theology because angels are a reef fish. And history doesn't exist because time has no location. I'm I following your linguistic gymnastics correctly?

Sharing the same name does not make them the same thing. Even the Greeks had sufficiently developed astronomy that they didn't make that connection, seeing as most of the "planets" lived on a very tall mountain on Earth and not in the sky.
Lt. Commander
# 187
10-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
So the study of tropical birds is oceanography due to the existence of fish called parrots. Oh, and oceanography is also theology because angels are a reef fish. And history doesn't exist because time has no location. I'm I following your linguistic gymnastics correctly?

Sharing the same name does not make them the same thing. Even the Greeks had sufficiently developed astronomy that they didn't make that connection, seeing as most of the "planets" lived on a very tall mountain on Earth and not in the sky.
Nice. Had not even considered that angle. No I kept smashing my own skull on the same spot on the same obtuse wall like I was trying to crack the shell of my own coconut for a head so I could make grey matter sushi out of myself.

Quote:
Fair enough, if one of mods wants to tell me i'm off topic i'll back away. I still hold to the fact that Mythology relates to planets, Cosmology relates to planets and Einstein's theory relates to the motion of planets.

Study of Mars is Cosmology. The Scar faced warrior in Mythology.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qrn...eature=related
If you wanna talk about how "Relativity is Wrong Because Mythology Should be the Foundation of All Cosmology," make your own thread and even call it that. In that thread I would be much more patient and even enjoy the different point of view to some degree. Obviously I enjoy talking about mythology.
Lt. Commander
# 188
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Nice. Had not even considered that angle. No I kept smashing my own skull on the same spot on the same obtuse wall like I was trying to crack the shell of my own coconut for a head so I could make grey matter sushi out of myself.

If you wanna talk about how "Relativity is Wrong Because Mythology Should be the Foundation of All Cosmology," make your own thread and even call it that. In that thread I would be much more patient and even enjoy the different point of view to some degree. Obviously I enjoy talking about mythology.
Alright , i'll play fair and try and keep on topic. As i have to admit these neutrinos are really curious things. Have they managed to take any images of the neutrinos, i'm wondering whether they've taken into account the shape of the particle, bound to effect speed and impact.
Lt. Commander
# 189
02-22-2012, 02:15 PM
So it turned out to be a bad connection to a GPS receiver. Why was a GPS receiver even in there? This is in direct violation of the KISS principle! :p

edit: Also, sorry for raising a zombie thread, but I thought in this case it would be appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 190
02-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I would've won that bet....

They probably should've kept the whole thing quiet while they sorted it out, or at least as quiet as scientists can keep anything. Good luck convincing the Truthers now that this isn't just a coverup to lull us all into a false sense of security, while the UN sets off to build an interstellar rocketship under Switzerland with their nazi gold and derivatives scam money, to return their last surviving Dodo overlords to their secret base orbiting Nemesis.