Lt. Commander
I had an interesting idea,
Recently I play an old game Star Trek Bridge Commander. It was a really fun user interface game where you were literally commanding the ship from the captain's chair on the bridge. You could control it from the outside, but it was a lot more fun to command from the bridge. I was wondering what you guys felt if there was a setting in the game that would allow the player to command the ship with battles and travelling through space from the bridge and have a menu to control the attacks and abilities. I find that it would be extremely cool to do that because that's what I originally envisioned when I started playing the game from its inception. It would also make the game a lot more interesting. Maybe we could even walk around the ship as a battle was happening.

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY like the idea of commanding from the bridge.

Thank-you,
Andrew Costa
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcbutch2 View Post
I had an interesting idea,
Recently I play an old game Star Trek Bridge Commander. It was a really fun user interface game where you were literally commanding the ship from the captain's chair on the bridge. You could control it from the outside, but it was a lot more fun to command from the bridge. I was wondering what you guys felt if there was a setting in the game that would allow the player to command the ship with battles and travelling through space from the bridge and have a menu to control the attacks and abilities. I find that it would be extremely cool to do that because that's what I originally envisioned when I started playing the game from its inception. It would also make the game a lot more interesting. Maybe we could even walk around the ship as a battle was happening.

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY like the idea of commanding from the bridge.

Thank-you,
Andrew Costa
While it would be fun to do it that way, you would loose the ability to better track the events going on around you. I like to know what targets to my flanks and aft are doing (such as powering up skills etc). You wouldnt get that with a "radar bilp".
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM
The idea's been clamored for practically since the beta, and the answer from Cryptic has not changed...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
the answer that has been given repeatedly by the devs is that it is currently impossible without a total redesign of the game engine, because the bridge is a completely different zone from the normal space zones, they can't track your character in two zones at once.