Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
I right click on the chair and i sit down just fine. have you tried double right clicking?
This.
I've right clicked it.
I just reran it and right clicked it and it still works fine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
I have tried every combination possible to sit in the conference chair during the second wave episode. All i hear is a soft tone you get when you're not able to click something. I even went as far as trying to start the conference naked... I've put in a ticket 3 days ago, but haven't heard. Someone please tell me there is a way to start this thing...and please don't tell me to double click...ive tried it.
It appears you are solo on this problem, good luck.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Is it possible your character is so physically huge that he can't fit? Are you a Gorn?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
I have tried every combination possible to sit in the conference chair during the second wave episode. All i hear is a soft tone you get when you're not able to click something. I even went as far as trying to start the conference naked... I've put in a ticket 3 days ago, but haven't heard. Someone please tell me there is a way to start this thing...and please don't tell me to double click...ive tried it.

Given that clicking does not work, you may have been a victim of the Command Bug. Occasionally, a bug will pop up that will disable commands. You can still walk around and chat in Communication Window, but you will not be able to interact with any items and your abilities will not function.

The solution is simply to log out of the game and then log back in. The bug will be gone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Given that clicking does not work, you may have been a victim of the Command Bug. Occasionally, a bug will pop up that will disable commands. You can still walk around and chat in Communication Window, but you will not be able to interact with any items and your abilities will not function.

The solution is simply to log out of the game and then log back in. The bug will be gone.
I got it to fix by beaming out and then beaming back. Just refreshing the instance appears to be enough to fix it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I'll be honest and asay I'm really surprised and interact button to 'Sit Down'/Sit in Chair' wasn't included in addition to the right click functionality because that's how 99.99% of the rest of the game works when you have a task you must do to progress.

I know a lot of peopel who have never tried to sit in a chair in game, and there's no real indication for new players who may have never played MMOs, or used right-click to activate anything in game before this.

The ome thing an MMO shoould strive for is interface consistency; and IMO, that's a bit lacking in this spot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I'll be honest and asay I'm really surprised and interact button to 'Sit Down'/Sit in Chair' wasn't included in addition to the right click functionality because that's how 99.99% of the rest of the game works when you have a task you must do to progress.

I know a lot of peopel who have never tried to sit in a chair in game, and there's no real indication for new players who may have never played MMOs, or used right-click to activate anything in game before this.

The ome thing an MMO shoould strive for is interface consistency; and IMO, that's a bit lacking in this spot.
I must also add that one time I never sat down. I was just walking around the room taking screenshots when it fired on its own. During the entire cut scene I was standing there listening to these people jab.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I got it to fix by beaming out and then beaming back. Just refreshing the instance appears to be enough to fix it.

That will fix it too, but not always. Logging out and back in will always remove the Bug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the response..

If the fix was a simple, "I'm clicking the wrong button" or "not clicking or standing infront of the chair", I wouldn't of even posted on this forum for help from anybody out there.

I've tried dropping the mission, beaming out / in, logged out for 1 day 1/2 after the last patch to see if that would work, but no. My character is a human and I don't know why the size of my character would be the problem. I've tried to even use the emote system to "sit" but doesn't work. I've played this game during beta and came back several weeks ago to see how it's gotten better......but now this issue/// and the fact that I've received no response from a DEV or even a response from my help ticket several days ago really makes me just want to cry. I haven't even logged in to play for several days now....I guess I've given up.

I guess this is the end of my time in Star Trek, since I can't continue with the story, all because I can't simply click to sit in a freakin chair...lmao.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
Thanks for the response..

If the fix was a simple, "I'm clicking the wrong button" or "not clicking or standing infront of the chair", I wouldn't of even posted on this forum for help from anybody out there.

I've tried dropping the mission, beaming out / in, logged out for 1 day 1/2 after the last patch to see if that would work, but no. My character is a human and I don't know why the size of my character would be the problem. I've tried to even use the emote system to "sit" but doesn't work. I've played this game during beta and came back several weeks ago to see how it's gotten better......but now this issue/// and the fact that I've received no response from a DEV or even a response from my help ticket several days ago really makes me just want to cry. I haven't even logged in to play for several days now....I guess I've given up.

I guess this is the end of my time in Star Trek, since I can't continue with the story, all because I can't simply click to sit in a freakin chair...lmao.
What species are you?

You have definitely tried standing in front of the chair, rotating the camera around, and then clicking on it?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 PM.