Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2012, 06:10 AM
I placed the spawn point next to a cliff and so far the away team falls off the cliff to bug out and stand still at the bottom. Thanks for the feedback about waypoint instructions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica View Post
I placed the spawn point next to a cliff and so far the away team falls off the cliff to bug out and stand still at the bottom. Thanks for the feedback about waypoint instructions.
Be careful with the spawn points. There is some randomness in where the player and his team spawn. If you place the spawn wrong, it's possible that some of the time the player will fall off the cliff too.

In addition, you should do a test publish and see if this actually works. Do it now before planning the whole map around it. When the pathing data is generated during the publish it may make it so the Boffs know how to get back to the player.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Be careful with the spawn points. There is some randomness in where the player and his team spawn. If you place the spawn wrong, it's possible that some of the time the player will fall off the cliff too.

In addition, you should do a test publish and see if this actually works. Do it now before planning the whole map around it. When the pathing data is generated during the publish it may make it so the Boffs know how to get back to the player.

Yes, I can't count the number of times that spawns are diverse. Sometimes I'm behind my BOs.